1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cases to use with OEM Desktop Dock?

I have two cases at the moment but the one I like (Spigen Bounce) doesn't work well with the dock. The bottom port is too recessed in so it charges with enough pressure but even the slightest movement of the device will disconnect it from the charger. I also have a Gel case from Verizon which works well but I don't like how stiff the buttons are and how the case is all scratches within a week for no apparent reason but that's minor.

Any good thin cases that people have used with the Note 3 desktop dock? I'm thinking Diztronic or Cruzerlite but I don't want to keep buying cases and returning either. If push comes to shove I'll just stop using the dock but I'd rather not.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Default Re: Cases to use with OEM Desktop Dock?

I ran across that problem with a knock off dock. I also have the Spigen Bounce case..Without the case, the Note 3 sets perfectly in the dock. With the case, I didn't like the feeling of forcing it. So, I backed off. Since this is on my desk for a dock, and by the way, it charges another battery at the same time, I will just take off the Bounce when I put the Note 3 in the dock on my desk. It will just be there for charging. So, once I take it out the dock, the case is right there and will go on right away. I would not try to force anything
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    I ran across that problem with a knock off dock. I also have the Spigen Bounce case..Without the case, the Note 3 sets perfectly in the dock. With the case, I didn't like the feeling of forcing it. So, I backed off. Since this is on my desk for a dock, and by the way, it charges another battery at the same time, I will just take off the Bounce when I put the Note 3 in the dock on my desk. It will just be there for charging. So, once I take it out the dock, the case is right there and will go on right away. I would not try to force anything
    It's really not a force by any means. It goes right in but it's loose if you know what I mean. The dock was purchased from ShopAndroid.com which is the official store of Android Central so it's legit. I love my Bounce case but I'm willing to switch to something else if need be. I'm not really into removing a case every time I want to charge but I am one of those who dislike hanging cords falling behind my night stand.

Such a shame really. I've yet to find a case I prefer over the Bounce so I may just return the dock. I wish Samsung made the Protective+ case for the Note 3 like they did for the Note 2. I'm sure that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    It's really not a force by any means. It goes right in but it's loose if you know what I mean. The dock was purchased from ShopAndroid.com which is the official store of Android Central so it's legit. I love my Bounce case but I'm willing to switch to something else if need be. I'm not really into removing a case every time I want to charge but I am one of those who dislike hanging cords falling behind my night stand.

Such a shame really. I've yet to find a case I prefer over the Bounce so I may just return the dock. I wish Samsung made the Protective+ case for the Note 3 like they did for the Note 2. I'm sure that would work.

I agree with you on the Bounce. BTW, I go double cased all the time. That is, the Note is in the Bounce, and then I put that in a wallet type case..I move very swiftly and rough on my bicycles and motorcycles. Just this morning the Note was knocked off the couch.. Not even a wimp of worry from me..that is how much protection the Bounce and the wallet type case offers..

On the dock, you might have to get one made mainly for Note 3 with case, if there is such an animal..
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    I agree with you on the Bounce. BTW, I go double cased all the time. That is, the Note is in the Bounce, and then I put that in a wallet type case..I move very swiftly and rough on my bicycles and motorcycles. Just this morning the Note was knocked off the couch.. Not even a wimp of worry from me..that is how much protection the Bounce and the wallet type case offers..

On the dock, you might have to get one made mainly for Note 3 with case, if there is such an animal..
    It's just a bad situation because the Bounce fits great but something stops it from clicking into the port fully. I mean it's not a huge deal it's a dock and I only use it for charging. Samsung S VIEW cases work but again not into the flaps just as I wasn't on the Note 2. We shall see if I find a solution.