Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  • 1 Post By a250gpreguy
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Default Galaxy note 3 - cyanogenmod is coming!

Not sure if this has been discussed already but I couldn't see anything in the recent posts. Came across this today:

I've had cyanogenmod mod on previous Android phones and personally I can't wait to see it on my note 3, although I've never had to content with loosing s pen functionality before.

What will you guys be doing? Staying with touchwiz or switching to cyanogen?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Galaxy note 3 - cyanogenmod is coming!

This is great. I only will switch if I keep the s pen functionalities. I'm running omega right now and replaced the touchwiz using Nova launcher..
    I must say it works great but I will definitely consider to load up this one when released

Posted via Android Central App

+1
    Need to keep the S-pen features!
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Yeah this is my main area of concern but I can't see the pen wheel thing staying as the action memo and scrap booker thing are Samsung apps. May have to set up a home screen with apps like Evernote as a substitute

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

I'd rather keep S-Pen functionality rather than using Cyanogenmod. I mean, we DID pay a premium just for the stylus. If you don't like TouchWiz you can always use another launcher, but with Cyanogenmod you do lose a lot of the device-specific functions that make this phone stand out from the rest.
    Thanked by:
    Gator352 likes this.

Agreed w/ Spook...
    That plus 10.2 effed my Maxx into a slow death spiral...Though it works great on my Nook Color

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Gator352 likes this.

@SpookDroid.....^ This!

I've never understood the removal of the original ROM to replace it with a ROM that's hindered in ways that make the original phone "not the original" phone anymore. The loss of functionality I personally have encountered ROMMING isn't worth my time. Period. I'm not in any way bashing people that do ROM as that is what some LOVE to do, I'm just saying that in my personal opinion, It's not my cup of tea and will not be swayed by anything or anyone. If I want a phone with a different launcher, I'll buy a phone with a different launcher...or at least replace it with a different launcher from the Play Store, but I will NOT lose any functionality I bought the phone for.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

I understand the idea behind it, it's tweaking the OS to get more customizations and deeper controls and optimize performance but when there's proprietary stuff involved you tend to lose that, and in the case of the Note 3, it's precisely this proprietary stuff that makes it so special. On a 'Nexus' or 'Google Play Edition' device, you really don't miss out on anything, so a tweaked ROM might be intriguing (they usually run even faster and use less battery if done correctly, after all) but yeah, the trade-off, in this case, not worth it IMHO.
    Thanked by:
    Gator352 likes this.