Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Totallymeh
  • 1 Post By Kettle
  • 1 Post By vpblaze
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I love my Note 3!

I really just want to create a topic, not to complain like a lot of people but to look at the positives.

I recently switched from my Galaxy S3 to my Galaxy Note 3 and I couldn't be happier.

There's just a million things that make it a heavy upgrade from my previous phone.
    Not to mention, the million things that put my friends their phones to shame.

For the record, I've got the SM-N9005 model so I don't know about the other models!

+LOVE+
    +Battery life (2-3 days without charging on moderate use) Now I look at my phone and see it's got 40-60% left and it doesn't matter, I know I'll make it through the day.
    +Touchwiz is so intuitive and I love the swipe up to get My Magazine(Flipboard)
    +The S-Pen. I got rid of my Note 8.0 because my Galaxy Note 3 replaces it in every single way!
    +The phone is aesthetically pleasing to look at, with the flip cover.
    +Display size
    +The little gimmicks that you may or may not use (I use a few of them)
    +It's incredibly fast with the 3GB Ram and the Snapdragon 800.
    +Not having to turn up the brightness to the max to see everything.
    +32GB + SD Card
    +Camera FTW!

-HATE-
    -S-Voice (I'd much prefer OK Google so I keep S-Voice disabled)
    -KNOX (This one is facepalm worthy)
    -I want KitKat, Nao! >.<

So is my phone just special or am I the only one that loves the Note 3 ALLLLLLL the way?

By the way, anyone found out any special tricks they can do with their Note 3 or the Note 3's processing power?

Ciao!

Default Re: I love my Note 3!

I love mine too. I just got it yesterday so I really can't comment on the battery yet but I am impressed with the speed, the camera and the quality of the Wifi and LTE radios. This is light years ahead of the Galaxy Nexus that I upgraded from.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Believe me, if it's anything like mine...This is the first smartphone I've owned that does not require a charge daily.

If I for whatever reason do need to charge up once a day it's for obvious reasons, like using it way too much.
    For the record though, you'd have to do the same with any laptop and you full time using it.

Like today it was at 55% and I was out all day, helping my brother-in-law move. During the day I was texting, youtubing, mailing, surfing and whatnot.
    The battery caved when I got home.

My S3 would've died 50 times over and I'd be afraid to leave the house with a 55% charge.
    Thanked by:

Last night was the first real test on the battery. I unplugged my Note 3 from the charger in the morning and made it all day and through the New Year's celebration without connecting to the charger. I even played Ingress for about an hour while out running some errands. When I went to bed at 2 am I had about 11% of the battery left in reserve. I would have needed to charge my Galaxy Nexus at least 3-4 times.

buttaz718 likes this.

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts

I agree with the battery life. It is out standing on this device! I can easily go until the second day without having to charge and I am glued to my phone all day!

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    buttaz718 likes this.

I am greedy though and would like even better. Perhaps the next one will get me through a full two days.

Thanked by:

I want better speakers. Stereo speakers come to mind...wait...quad surround sound speakers! Otherwise, loving my N3...more so now with my black (phones white) charging back and choe charging pad!
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

I love my Note 3. i have had it and the Galaxy Gear for almost a month and by far the best battery life i have seen. i can confidently go a full day and not worry about it dying.i screenshot my battery life status every time i get a lil bit higher.

Love everything about it except what you mentioned, I wish the speakers were a lot better but the headphones are great and I'm usually using them.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Really nice to see someone enjoying their device. There is no one device that fits everyone's needs so it's nice when you get the right one

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    Thanked by 2:
    undulose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Really nice to see someone enjoying their device. There is no one device that fits everyone's needs so it's nice when you get the right one

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    I totally agree. With all the phones ii have had I finally found a phone that sends to fit me perfectly. I love my note.

Rockin my Note 3

Love the Note 3, the new Faux Leather Back Cover saved it. I wish I didn't have to sell it.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Love the Note 3, the new Faux Leather Back Cover saved it. I wish I didn't have to sell it.
    Why are you selling it...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah why are you selling. I'm curious and nosey

Rockin my Note 3

I just wanted to add my enthusiasm.....My S3 was lagging a bit.....I am sure if I spent the $$ for a new battery I might have been ok....really wanted to go down the phablet road.....I thought I would give the Nokia 1520 a try....beautiful phone but I just did not want to use it....just put it on the counter.....I did not really think I was an app junkie, but, things are still very sparse on the Windows platform and the Windows store kinda sucks IMHO. So, I was able to turn in my 1520 and get a NOTE 3 and I have been telling my friends this has to be the best evolution of mobile smart phones to date. I bet when the more affordable Note 3 Lite comes out the Note 3 will be the best selling phone of all time. Until something else comes out.....but, as long as the OS upgrading process gets a little more streamlined, I could be happy with this phone for awhile. (famous last words...)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by vsnlweb View Post
    Why are you selling it...

I upgraded to the nexus 5.

"I will put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras." - MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

And in what way would you consider your Nexus 5 an upgrade coming from a note III, disregarding KitKat?

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    I upgraded to the nexus 5.

"I will put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras." - MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)
    So just curious as to why you would change from Galaxy note 3 to the Nexus 5. What about the note made you want to change. Was the fact the Nexus 5 is pure Android? Or something else...

The amazing thing for me is the constant discovery of new and great features. Can't tell you how many times I think I know the full capabilities of the phone only to discover another 10 great functions or tips.

Latest couple tips are 1) being able to customize my home screen to include the name of my company and 2) being able to simply say "open camera" at home screen and my camera pops up...love it!!

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swisstrader View Post
    The amazing thing for me is the constant discovery of new and great features. Can't tell you how many times I think I know the full capabilities of the phone only to discover another 10 great functions or tips.

Latest couple tips are 1) being able to customize my home screen to include the name of my company and 2) being able to simply say "open camera" at home screen and my camera pops up...love it!!
    How to put the name of your company on the home screen...

How to put the name of your company on the home screen...

Settings>lock screen>personal message>edit personal message

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts

I found this setting today when I was messing around with my Calendar. You can set it so that it will show the weather for the next week in your calendar. Pretty nifty!

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

So just curious as to why you would change from Galaxy note 3 to the Nexus 5. What about the note made you want to change. Was the fact the Nexus 5 is pure Android? Or something else...

I guess using the word upgrade doesn't make sense when you come from the Note 3...

Yes, pure android is one but it's really because I'm bored with it. Last year 7-9 times.