TV on the phone

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I watch my local news cast live during the week at lunch time. Thats broadcast TV

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Comcast offers an app for current subscribers to watch many live TV shows including CNN

Sent from my gameboy color

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Comcast offers an app for current subscribers to watch many live TV shows including CNN

Xfinity TV app on Comcast. I watch it every now and then when I'm getting loaded at work. But I won't glisten my screen with CNN nor MSNBC as they are not worthy of my N3.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Xfinity TV app on Comcast. I watch it every now and then when I'm getting loaded at work. But I won't glisten my screen with CNN nor MSNBC as they are not worthy of my N3.

I think there are 30 or so live stations so it's not just them.

dropnbassonu

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I do it all the time... I've got dish network. All you need is a $50 sling adapter and a newer receiver (most of them within the last 2 years are capable).

I can watch live TV from any station that I subscribe to and also DVR and on demand content

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I do it all the time... I've got dish network. All you need is a $50 sling adapter and a newer receiver (most of them within the last 2 years are capable).

I can watch live TV from any station that I subscribe to and also DVR and on demand content

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Can I set up time warner to do this also ? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
How? Does your cable company offer that? I'm a news addict and would love to watch CNN when the work allows.

My local news station has their own app. I can watch all the live broadcast through the app. Also,, I watch live tv through my fios app.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes I watch TV all the time through my sling player and sling media app on my phone works very well anywhere I go.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It only works for Verizon (on mobile data.. WiFi works for all) unless it bugs for you. Me and she friends can't use it since we don't have Verizon and don't want to be on wifi... But at the same time some of my Sprint friends can. It's weird.

Either way if you want true live TV (all channels) invest in a Slingbox.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Beantown Bashers

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Can I set up time warner to do this also ?

If you have a sling box
Sling Media: Slingbox - Best Buy

Amazon.com : Sling Media Slingbox SOLO (SB260-100) : Digital Video Recorders : Electronics

You buy a slingbox, set it up on one of your cable boxes, download and install app on your cellphone, tablet and laptop. Stream live tv anywhere anytime. All the channels you have at home you have on your device.

You pay for slingbox "ONE TIME ONLY" it's yours forever. You pay nothing more ever. (except your cable bill) LOL

It works on mobile data and wifi

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
If you have a sling box
Sling Media: Slingbox - Best Buy
Amazon.com : Sling Media Slingbox SOLO (SB260-100) : Digital Video Recorders : Electronics

You buy a slingbox, set it up on one of your cable boxes, download and install app on your cellphone, tablet and laptop. Stream live tv anywhere anytime. All the channels you have at home you have on your device.

You pay for slingbox "ONE TIME ONLY" it's yours forever. You pay nothing more ever. (except your cable bill) LOL

It works on mobile data and wifi

If the box sits near your TV, how does the phone get a signal 10 miles away?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It only works for Verizon (on mobile data.. WiFi works for all) unless it bugs for you. Me and she friends can't use it since we don't have Verizon and don't want to be on wifi... But at the same time some of my Sprint friends can. It's weird.

Either way if you want true live TV (all channels) invest in a Slingbox.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
On Xfininty with Sprint, I can watch some, not all, programs over mobile data. The only service that seems to be truly blocked is On Demand. Like you said, it's weird.

Beantown Bashers

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
If the box sits near your TV, how does the phone get a signal 10 miles away?

It's connected to your LAN so you actually can get a signal anywhere in the world.

The box has two connections, the first is to your cable box and the second is plugged into your internet.

** The cable box you connect with is mirrored to you online through your device, meaning if someone is at home looking at that box you both have to watch the same thing. You would not want to put it on the cable box that is most often used. some people even split cable signal off and add another box but no tv. I use the box from the man cave. **

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781