Dormant 3rd Party Launcher(s)

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I've gone back to using TouchWiz (for now) but still have Nova Prime (and Tesla Unread) installed.

I've backed up Nova just in case I decide to go back to it, but am debating whether it would be better to uninstall it or just leave it there dormant.

Aside from the obvious storage space, has anyone experienced any sort of performance issues or battery drain leaving an unused 3rd party launcher installed?

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
None at all. It is just like having an app on your phone that you are not using... Like a pdf viewer. As long as you have adequate space you are fine. I have nova, apex and touchwiz. I switch periodically just for a change. I see no lag in performance at all, I see no downside to keeping them installed.

Posted via Android Central App

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
And apps that you are not using, are still using your resources and what not.

Case and effect, just off the top of my head - Yelp and Ikea - haven't touched either in months (actually never, since upgrading from Note 2 to Note 3). Nothing ever showed up via Wakelock detector, until I fired up App Ops, and found that both apps polled my location, numerous times, as recently as a day ago - this is a battery affecting task.

Various other apps I rarely touch, often show up via Wakelock detector, accessing my system resources.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star