1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default gps issues

Hello please can someone help im now on my 3rd note 3 as phones 4 u have swapped it again and again as I have an issue where the stock weather and time app (accu view weather )puts me in a totally different place sometimes country to where I actually am and also changes the time to where ever it has positioned its self I have spoke to samsung and also phones 4 u tech support all settings are correct but this 3rd handset has started doing the exact same as the previous 2 plus this one keeps loosing signal and says not registered on the vodafone network when no 4G is in reach any help would be fantastic

Default Re: gps issues

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lawrie View Post
    Hello please can someone help im now on my 3rd note 3 as phones 4 u have swapped it again and again as I have an issue where the stock weather and time app (accu view weather )puts me in a totally different place sometimes country to where I actually am and also changes the time to where ever it has positioned its self I have spoke to samsung and also phones 4 u tech support all settings are correct but this 3rd handset has started doing the exact same as the previous 2 plus this one keeps loosing signal and says not registered on the vodafone network when no 4G is in reach any help would be fantastic
    Just had a look at mine & noticed a couple of things. If you tap on the widget, the extended page will have an option for 'more' - This takes you straight to the website - it then asks if Accu-weather can use your current location. This may have something to do with it. Also, in settings I don't have the option to set the time, presumably because I have elected for the Network to set the time. I would imagine that you must also have allowed access to your location in location services in phone settings, and to check the box 'use wireless networks' which allows apps to use Google's location services for faster location estimate.
    If you fulfill all of the criteria I mention I can't see where the problem might be, not after 3 devices.
    It could perhaps be something to do with the 4g settings & Vodafone, you should certainly have 3g when 4g isn't available.
    As a matter of interest, what locations are appearing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm in leeds and it shows Clapham Common or south Nutfield and sometimes wired places in the Philippines all the setting are correct so don't know what to do as this affects the sat navigation also

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lawrie View Post
    I'm in leeds and it shows Clapham Common or south Nutfield and sometimes wired places in the Philippines all the setting are correct so don't know what to do as this affects the sat navigation also

That is bizarre - this could be something to do with Vodafone I think. Have you had a the same SIM card? You could try setting up your phone without a SIM card installed, just do it by your home WiFi & see what happens.
    There's also the possibility that Phones 4 U could have a dodgy supply of Note 3s are they all European locked?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It's a brand new simca card and yes all European models I'm stuck