Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I got my Samsung galaxy note 3 on 24th December n the battery life was OK. Just yesterday it started draining quickly. I charged it to full yester night before sleeping. Woke up this morning and it was left with 60%. I was puzzled. Checked and the screen was using about 38% and Android os 27%.please what can I do to help my battery stay on longer. Any help will be much appreciated. Thnx

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Most likely you have an app that's constantly running. First thing is to reboot and check your battery life overnight. You could also download Gsam from the play store. That might tell you which app is the culprit. If that doesn't help uninstall any apps that you downloaded and check your battery life. If not, it could be a Samsung app that's causing it. At that point, do a complete factory reset, but please, try rebooting it first.

vigasan

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Usually happens if you have lots of large files on your system. Try closing system.index and see if that helps, it should. Settings > Applications > All applications and look for system.index.

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Just a forced close? Because if this drains battery. I've a lot of large files too but Ive not too much drain. But if it helps, I'll shut it off.

Usually happens if you have lots of large files on your system. Try closing system.index and see if that helps, it should. Settings > Applications > All applications and look for system.index.

Posted via Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I installed the Gsam and it said the screen takes about 43%. It's the only one with a %age above 10%.

If your phone was not being used overnight and being charged, then something is causing the screen to be on. So, try checking GSAM and see which app or apps are causing the screen to be awake.

As Gator noted, perhaps there's an app you recently downloaded that's triggering the drain.

Update:
Just saw this thread. Has some good info. http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x/348630-battery-life-handy-guide-having-some.html
This one also has discussions related to screen time.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-faster-than-space-shuttle-burned-fuel-3.html

Last edited:

vigasan

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes just a forced close. It'll start back up if you run something that uses it. The service just indexes files the first time you put them on your device to make it easier to search for them.

On 4.3,
Settings > Controls > Application Manager > ALL > IndexService > Force Stop.

Just a forced close? Because if this drains battery. I've a lot of large files too but Ive not too much drain. But if it helps, I'll shut it off.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12