1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I enable the s view cover?

I have the s view cover on my phone and ive disabled the lock on my phone but still the cover wont unlock my phone or display any messages/notifications on the s view cover

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Default Re: How do I enable the s view cover?

Look under settings>accessory and you'll see the options for the S view cover.

Should have recognized it right away though. Just curious if you got the Samsung one or a different kind. Many of the cheaper knock offs do not work.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Maybe it is a cheap knock off but when I ordered it it come in proper samsung packaging and it has a leather feel to it, to be honest it doesnt feel like it protects my phone much though

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidNote3 View Post
    Maybe it is a cheap knock off but when I ordered it it come in proper samsung packaging and it has a leather feel to it, to be honest it doesnt feel like it protects my phone much though

Sell it and buy a Spigen Neo Hyrbid for $22 on amazon. I had the S-View Cover and I dropped my Note 3 once and the cover popped off and my phone got scratched on the side. I sold mine the very next day.

EDIT: If you REALLY want S-View, get the Spigen S-View Case. I personally think S-View is stupid because you have to "open" your phone every time which gets annoying.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah I guess so, I wish It was a real case tho haha!

I have the S-View and it looks nice and works as promised. The case should have metal contacts on the back that snap into place and allow for the s-view functions.

A "Real Case" is what I just ordered from Spigen

It's the Spigen Slim Armor View

I purchased the white case. I first saw the case on the S3 and when the Galaxy Note 3 came out we requested (screamed, haunted, stalked, petitioned and used the Jedi mind trick) to get Spigen to make the Slim Armor View for the Note 3.

I just ordered mine two days ago. A few that preordered started getting them a day or two ago and have started posting about them.

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidNote3 View Post

Perhaps you could return it and maybe you'll have better luck with a new one. The S-view cover offers very little actual protection for the phone save for covering the screen when in your pocket/purse.

I had a flip cover on my GS III and I also have the S-view cover for the note 3. I really like them. I almost never put a case on my phone as I personally feel most of them are too bulky and generally ugly.

It depends on what you want.... If you're looking for protection from drops you might want an actual case, but if you like the minimalist look and feel of the S-view cover try to return it for one that works.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app