Note 3 lock screen notification issue

MissMystikle

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Note 3 last week and am still getting used to Jelly Bean touchwiz. I've noticed that when a notification appears on my lock screen and I tap it to try and open it, it doesn't open but rather pops up a transparent white box instead. I have to swipe the white box to unlock the phone and be taken to the application that corresponds to that notification. I have attached a screenshot of what the big white box looks like when I tap the notification.

Is this normal? On my old Galaxy S2, you could just tap a notification and it would go. Is the Note 3 just weird like that?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2013-12-29 21 55 01.jpg
    2013-12-29 21 55 01.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 49

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You have "swipe to unlock" set, so no matter what, you have to *swipe to unlock*

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Bummer. We can't view text through the lock screen?

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Go to text message icon, then open that, then menu, then the more settings tab, and enable preview. Text will then show content.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Suertetres

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I think I figured this out. If you tap the message on the lock screen and that box appears below, swipe inside the box that appears below the text notification and it will automatically go to the message.

EDIT:
I'm sorry. I just reread your post and I miss understood. I was having the same issue and figured out the white box just a day or so ago. I agree with you I wish I could go directly without the swiping of the white box.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Go to "settings" then "lock screen". Under "screen security" choose screen lock: none.

This will disable the swipe to unlock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad