How do I sync with Kies 3 on my Note 3??? Keep getting "outlook is not default mail client"

TOBusa

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
How do I sync with Kies 3 on my Note 3??? Keep getting "outlook is not default mail client"

Checked everything I could, Outlook IS my default mail client, took the battery out, uninstalled Kies 3, re-installed....No luck!

Spoke to Samsung, 3 times, every time a different answer. And NONE of the answers fixed the issue.

Does anyone have the same issue, or is your Outlook with Kies 3 working fine?

My note is Android 4.3

Jeff Swinehart

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I sync with Kies 3 on my Note 3??? Keep getting "outlook is not default mail client"

there is not a fix yet, and they have known about the issue for months, but are not very forthcoming with that admission of the problem, leaving us to spend hours trying to fix an issue before finding out that there is no way to fix. I guess Samsung wants the Galaxy to go the way of Rimm/BlackBerry.

Jeff Swinehart

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I sync with Kies 3 on my Note 3??? Keep getting "outlook is not default mail client"

Guess what, it is fixed. I just re-downloaded kies 3 and sync tab is back. You think they would have sent out some sort of notice to let us know it was fixed.

TOBusa

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

Guess what, it is fixed. I just re-downloaded kies 3 and sync tab is back. You think they would have sent out some sort of notice to let us know it was fixed.

The version I have is 3.2.13114_22 And shows no updates, latest version installed. What version do you have??

Naji Alradhi

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

I noticed that almost all sync utilities are having problems with Outlook. CompanionLink 5, for example, stops at Outlook 2010 and will not handle Outlook 2013. You need to upgrade to CompanionLink 6 in order to do that. Earlier versions of CompanionLink can't, most probably, even handle Outlook 2010. This means that Microsoft are changing something in Outlook registration whenever they release a new version of their MS Office.
Understanding this, the solution for Galaxy Note3 and Kies3 becomes simple. Just install an old Outlook 2007 on your PC, Just Outlook, nothing else, without removing Outlook 2013. Outlook 2007 & 2013 will co-exist, and will share same settings and data files. Now, whenever you want to sync Note3 with Kies3, just exit Outlook and sync. That's all.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Naji has a better overall solution probably, thanks. I have Outlook 2003 on Windows 7!
Jeff sounds like he has been cured.

Just to report my new Kies version (3.2.14013_45) some may already have had success with, is now "staying in the same room" with Outlook, instead of previously Kies shutting down when I try Sync.

Outlook is asking permission as it used to do with a GS2 and previous phones.
Contacts seem to sync, I have to check Outlook tomorrow, but Calendar / S-planner reported bottom right unable to sync for unspecified error.
Will check it out more later.

Hope the new version has solved it for most people ; else try Naji's route with an old copy of Outlook.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App

r_desc

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

Do not buy COMPANIONLINK...it is unreliable, their support, (sic), is non-existent and while the price may be low...so is the service and quality of the product.

njnjperson

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

In 2010 and 2011, I used the CompanionLink version that was current at the time with my Android phone. It was the most miserable experience. Duplicate entries. Contact entries were corrupted so badly that it mixed up contacts that had other people's phone numbers. Deleted contacts. Miserable.

The most reliable sync I've seen with an Android phone was HTC.

I made the miserable mistake in October, 2013 of listening to the Sprint salesperson that said "yeah....no problem. The Note 3 will sync with Outlook just fine. Just download Kies." I compounded that tactical error by figuring that Samsung would eventually release an update to handle the sync. 8 months later.... they at least provided the tab for the sync, but I get "unable to sync. outlook is not installed" message. I am running Outlook 2013.

Can't wait to ditch this phone for an HTC phone again....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63