Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Naji Alradhi
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry How do I sync with Kies 3 on my Note 3??? Keep getting "outlook is not default mail client"

Checked everything I could, Outlook IS my default mail client, took the battery out, uninstalled Kies 3, re-installed....No luck!

Spoke to Samsung, 3 times, every time a different answer. And NONE of the answers fixed the issue.

Does anyone have the same issue, or is your Outlook with Kies 3 working fine?

My note is Android 4.3
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: How do I sync with Kies 3 on my Note 3??? Keep getting "outlook is not default mail client"

Looks like these people are having the same issue anyone have a fix??

Default Re: How do I sync with Kies 3 on my Note 3??? Keep getting "outlook is not default mail client"

there is not a fix yet, and they have known about the issue for months, but are not very forthcoming with that admission of the problem, leaving us to spend hours trying to fix an issue before finding out that there is no way to fix. I guess Samsung wants the Galaxy to go the way of Rimm/BlackBerry.

Guess what, it is fixed. I just re-downloaded kies 3 and sync tab is back. You think they would have sent out some sort of notice to let us know it was fixed.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Swinehart View Post
    Guess what, it is fixed. I just re-downloaded kies 3 and sync tab is back. You think they would have sent out some sort of notice to let us know it was fixed.

The version I have is 3.2.13114_22 And shows no updates, latest version installed. What version do you have??

Cool Re: How do I sync with Kies 3 on my Note 3??? Keep getting "outlook is not default mail client"

I noticed that almost all sync utilities are having problems with Outlook. CompanionLink 5, for example, stops at Outlook 2010 and will not handle Outlook 2013. You need to upgrade to CompanionLink 6 in order to do that. Earlier versions of CompanionLink can't, most probably, even handle Outlook 2010. This means that Microsoft are changing something in Outlook registration whenever they release a new version of their MS Office.
    Understanding this, the solution for Galaxy Note3 and Kies3 becomes simple. Just install an old Outlook 2007 on your PC, Just Outlook, nothing else, without removing Outlook 2013. Outlook 2007 & 2013 will co-exist, and will share same settings and data files. Now, whenever you want to sync Note3 with Kies3, just exit Outlook and sync. That's all.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.

Naji has a better overall solution probably, thanks. I have Outlook 2003 on Windows 7!
    Jeff sounds like he has been cured.

Just to report my new Kies version (3.2.14013_45) some may already have had success with, is now "staying in the same room" with Outlook, instead of previously Kies shutting down when I try Sync.

Outlook is asking permission as it used to do with a GS2 and previous phones.
    Contacts seem to sync, I have to check Outlook tomorrow, but Calendar / S-planner reported bottom right unable to sync for unspecified error.
    Will check it out more later.

Hope the new version has solved it for most people ; else try Naji's route with an old copy of Outlook.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App
    I am

Do not buy COMPANIONLINK...it is unreliable, their support, (sic), is non-existent and while the price may be low...so is the service and quality of the product.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54