Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By trucksmoveamerica#AC
  • 1 Post By kway_NY
  • 1 Post By z06mike
  • 1 Post By JellyBeanGurl
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can someone please help me with my battery issues.. Id really appreciate it!!

I purchased this phone under the belief that it has this amazinggg battery life, which many people say it does..
    However, after using this phone for about a week or two i feel like my battery is not serving me that well...
    My battery runs out very quick, every other minute when i look at my notification bar to see my battery status i notice it has decreased by a percent or two.

I am very disappointed as I thought this phone would have amazing battery life. My phone has warranty on it, i live in Canada and it is a rogers phone, if i go back to rogers would they replace my phone?

Here are some screenshots.. Any help would be appreciated it. Thanks in advance!!

Can someone please help me with my battery issues.. Id really appreciate it!!-1477879_10153682348930383_1961095422_n.jpgCan someone please help me with my battery issues.. Id really appreciate it!!-1521953_10153682348620383_2100849311_n.jpgCan someone please help me with my battery issues.. Id really appreciate it!!-1555315_10153682348825383_1346353942_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, sorry one of the pictures came out messed up.
    Can someone please help me with my battery issues.. Id really appreciate it!!-1521953_10153682348620383_2100849311_n.jpg

Default Re: Can someone please help me with my battery issues.. Id really appreciate it!!

I don't know a lot about batteries, but it looks like your around 50% after over 6 hours of use off the charger with over 3 hours of screen time. Screen time eats a lot of battery. I am about on the same usage as you, your on track to get 13 hours off that charge.

You could reduce screen brightness and have screen timeout set to 15 seconds. Apps running data or just running in the background is also a culprit to battery usage.

Sent from my iPad using
    Gator352 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Can someone please help me with my battery issues.. Id really appreciate it!!

^^ Thanks for the reply.
    So you think this is normal?

Apps, its all in the apps you use. For me FB, Twitter and IG all used to much battery so I now have shortcuts in my browser Dolphin. I used KIK IM for a while but found it KILLED my battery. Watch GSam and trust it for your battery usage and you will figure it out. Trucksmoveamerica#AC is spot on about screen time and apps. But hey that's just mu end of year 2 cents. I hope 2014 is better for all. ENJOY
    Gator352 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you for the reply.
    So based on my screenshots, do you guys think I am getting normal battery life?
    Thanks.

You are on track to get 6 hours screen on time. I don't know how much more you want out of this beast!! That is awesome battery life.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Gator352 likes this.

6-7 hour of screen time is what we all average. Yours is doing great. I used to get only a few hours off my iPhone.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Gator352 likes this.

Man, your batt life is excellent for having that much screen on time and what your using in apps.

Facebook, twitter, and all them social apps syncing eats batteries for lunch. Try refreshing them manually instead of auto. That will give you a little more average batt time.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

Not knowning all of your settings, the battery looks really good.

Games will eat up more battery than you think, and thats a whole lot of screen time, to be thinking you have bad battery life. I personally have my screen setting turned down, and auto adjust turned off. The screen is still plenty bright for me indoors, might have to adjust it to use it outside on a very bright day, but I am indoors more than out lately.

Your on track to run your phone for between 10 and 12 hours, being a pretty heavy user.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks for the help guys!!

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

Your fine. After 6 hrs on, only being at 50% is pretty good. Especially with some of that time being games. No iphone could match this.

If you haven't already, turn your screen brightness setting down. As low as you can tolerate without suffering. While 100% looks awesome, it's overkill. I routinely am around 30%-40% bright, and it's fine.