Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Telescopist
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Settings Question

    I am brand new to this phone. I have version 4.3 and my carrier is Verizon. Utilizing the Multi Windows, any time I attempt to drop and drag an image from Gallery or a snippet from the internet into Gmail I get a message "Not Supported". Drop and drag is not playing nice with Gmail. However, if I open up my Yahoo account then drag & drop into it the .png file I find that it is supported. Then it gets weird. If I do a Cc to my Gmail account the images are sent sent. So, I am confused about that message and the problem. I am new to the device so I was reading this one tutorial on what features to enable & disable in Note 3. First up: 'How to use multi window mode'. First sentence: "To enable Multi Window mode, toggle it to on in the Device tab under Settings." Cool. The only problem is that the screen shot displayed shows a row: Connection--Device--Controls--General. None of that shows up when I open Settings either from the tool bar on top or from the Menu. My settings menu begins with the Wireless networks and makes its way to the devices. So I really have two problems: 1. why I cannot drop & drag into another app such as Gmail and 2. why my Setting menu does not contain the things listed above. Thanks for any help.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Settings Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
    I am brand new to this phone. I have version 4.3 and my carrier is Verizon. Utilizing the Multi Windows, any time I attempt to drop and drag an image from Gallery or a snippet from the internet into Gmail I get a message "Not Supported". Drop and drag is not playing nice with Gmail. However, if I open up my Yahoo account then drag & drop into it the .png file I find that it is supported. Then it gets weird. If I do a Cc to my Gmail account the images are sent sent. So, I am confused about that message and the problem. I am new to the device so I was reading this one tutorial on what features to enable & disable in Note 3. First up: 'How to use multi window mode'. First sentence: "To enable Multi Window mode, toggle it to on in the Device tab under Settings." Cool. The only problem is that the screen shot displayed shows a row: Connection--Device--Controls--General. None of that shows up when I open Settings either from the tool bar on top or from the Menu. My settings menu begins with the Wireless networks and makes its way to the devices. So I really have two problems: 1. why I cannot drop & drag into another app such as Gmail and 2. why my Setting menu does not contain the things listed above. Thanks for any help.
    You mean like this?


    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Settings Question-1388876363847.jpg  
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Settings Question

    Multi window go settings>device>= 3rd from top
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Settings Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    Multi window go settings>device>= 3rd from top
    This is what I see. I don't recognize what you are talking about 3rd from the top. I was able to finally attach files in Gmail by drag and drop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Settings Question-flashannotate.jpg  
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Settings Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
    This is what I see. I don't recognize what you are talking about 3rd from the top. I was able to finally attach files in Gmail by drag and drop.
    what is in the more setting? on your phone

    and what is below in device?

    and beside your data usage icon you have a white notch with an arrow ..what is inside?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Settings Question

    This is what I see in mine

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Settings Question-1388898554707.jpg  
  7. #7  
    pdub73's Avatar

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

    Default

    Telescopist....
    when u scroll down what other info does your settings window show?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by pdub73; 01-05-2014 at 02:23 PM.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Settings Question

    telescopist i think u are in list view and pdub u are in tab view that is the reason for the difference
    Thanked by:
    pdub73 
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Settings Question

    if all the note 3 are the same no matter where in the world..it looks like a different phone
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Settings Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
    This is what I see. I don't recognize what you are talking about 3rd from the top. I was able to finally attach files in Gmail by drag and drop.
    I get the same not supported error when trying to drag and drop. How did you fix it in Gmail? I can do it in the email app, but not the Gmail app.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Settings Question

    I don't know what you guys did with your phone. .rooted?
    I have no problem with mine to drag and drop in gmail

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app
  12. #12  
    pdub73's Avatar

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

    Default Re: Settings Question

    Quote Originally Posted by chipw View Post
    telescopist i think u are in list view and pdub u are in tab view that is the reason for the difference
    yes that's it thanks, I shall remove my earlier post.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Settings Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    what is in the more setting? on your phone

    and what is below in device?

    and beside your data usage icon you have a white notch with an arrow ..what is inside?
    Sorry for the delay in responding back. Got tied up. First answer to what is in the "more setting" when I tap on More settings.
    Settings Question-settings.jpg
    When you tap on the white notch with an arrow the Multi Task Window opens up and looks like this. I'm assuming that all Notebook 3's have this function??
    Settings Question-tempfileforshare.jpg
  14. #14  
    pdub73's Avatar

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

    Default Re: Settings Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    I don't know what you guys did with your phone. .rooted?
    I have no problem with mine to drag and drop in gmail

    I tried it and I got the same error, it worked with the text message app but not in the gmail app, also I have the Gmail app not the gmail through the native Email app. and I think thats the problem, it for some reason doesn't work with the Gmail app, but it does work through the native email app

    Telescopist...
    when you go into your settings click the menu button (left soft key) and you can change the viewing option of the settings window.


    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Settings Question

    'I don't know what you guys did with your phone. .rooted?'
    No I have only had the phone for a couple of days. I am holding off rooting.
    'I tried it and I got the same error, it worked with the text message app but not in the gmail app, also I have the Gmail app not the gmail through the native Email app. and I think thats the problem, it for some reason doesn't work with the Gmail app, but it does work through the native email app'
    Yes. That is what I found out yesterday. The native email appl works fine. I can Cc my Gmail account and send things successfully. This is a bug that Samsung or Google ought to address.\
    'Telescopist...when you go into your settings click the menu button (left soft key) and you can change the viewing option of the settings window.'
    Wow! That worked. Thanks a huge amount. I thought there was something wrong with the phone. I like this format much better.
    pdub73 likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Settings Question

    Probably that's what it is . I have the Gmail in native mail and work really good

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Today, 02:36 AM
  2. Portable power bank question
    By rvp20 in forum General Android Device Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2014, 08:53 AM
  3. Nexus 7 2013 game battery Life question
    By darktwins25 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 04:52 AM
  4. Android 4.3/Galaxy S4 question
    By edenney in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 03:50 AM
  5. Two questions from a newbie
    By alweiss1931 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 03:35 PM

Posting Permissions

B