Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation randomly rebooted

At night my phone was sitting on the charger and I herd it randomly reboot. I was sleeping and dreaming about my phone but that T mobile ping was way to realistic to be a dream so I wook up right away and went to look at my phone and realized there is literally no way to see if it rebooted because its been on the charger so on battery time would only show when I took it off the charger to look at it. Do I have to worry because I've had random reboot problems on android devices before and it never seems to be the software. My nexus 10 had random reboots on android 4.2.2, 4.3, and 4.4 Had factory reflash rom and still rebooted, my brother has random reboots on his kyocera phone, and my friend had random reboots on her Motorola electrify. Do I have anything to Worry About!?

Default Re: randomly rebooted

I'm not sure but test to see if it's a swollen battery by putting the battery on a flat table surface and flicking the corner of the battery with a finger. If the battery spins easily it needs to be replaced and that could be the cause of the reboots.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

And looking at another thread, some people have solved this by removing the memory card.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    And looking at another thread, some people have solved this by removing the memory card.

Permanently removing the memory card? I'm kind of worried because I get lemons alot. A few days ago there was something that happened to my device where all 4 cores kept maxing out while doing nothing. I had to factory reset it to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    Permanently removing the memory card? I'm kind of worried because I get lemons alot. A few days ago there was something that happened to my device where all 4 cores kept maxing out while doing nothing. I had to factory reset it to fix it.
    I dunno if it should be permanent but you could try for a couple of days to see if the problems stop. If it is the card, I'm not sure what the best thing to do would be.

Go to settings >general > about phone >status and look at your up time. That will tell you how long it's been since last powered on/rebooted.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    Go to settings >general > about phone >status and look at your up time. That will tell you how long it's been since last powered on/rebooted.

To late I already hit reboot to see if it showed battery difference and removed my battery to see if it was swollen. I actually thought of that after I did that. Well they said I'm getting android 4.4 this month so hoping it was a software problem. My Nexus 10 use to wake me up all the time with reboots, if my phone does it I will die, especially because of the unmutable T mobile ping when it starts up
    FBA
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,465 Global Posts

I'd be worried - dreaming about a phone would make me worry about my life.

Lol if it worries you that much then just get rid of the phone and get something you can "sleep with. "

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    Lol if it worries you that much then just get rid of the phone and get something you can "sleep with. "

Hmm so if we have a problem throw it away and buy something new. Geeze how much do you make?

I went through several N3 phones with Verizon until we figured out that the random reboots was a bad battery. It wasn't swollen either. It was just....bad.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck0870 View Post
    I went through several N3 phones with Verizon until we figured out that the random reboots was a bad battery. It wasn't swollen either. It was just....bad.
    Hmm thats weird you got multiple bad batteries. Mine hasn't rebooted anymore. I just worry once it starts I'm screwed

Verizon didn't give me any hassles about replacing that many batteries. Basically, if you can get the phone to reboot itself while in Safe mode, they will swap out the phone, the battery, the SIM or all three....although not always all at once.