Text notification volume too quiet

Nicole Uganski

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I recently purchased the Galaxy Note 3 and love it. One issue being, when I receive text messages I often miss them since the volume is so quiet. I have been through settings and all volumes are turned to MAX. I have even tried multiple volume boosting apps with no success. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You might just have to use a different sound. You could export the sound file to a PC and use sound editing software to augment volume, like Audacity (Free open source software, safe and spyware-free) and then overwrite the old sound file with the new augmented one.... But that's a bit of work.

It's simpler to just change the chosen tone. If you don't find anything else interesting on your phone, try Zedge

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
There's somewhere @ settings an option to detect automatically when your phone is in your pocket or purse to amplify. Try to tick that on.
I must say some sms tones are too quite, if the option above didn't help then try an other sound that's louder.

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Can also turn up intensity of vibration but I would have to agree with you. I also dislike the banner that indicates "notification received". For such a stunning phone, that box is very smugly

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Those volume booster apps can actually lower volume levels as of 4.1 I believe. If you have any installed, get rid of them and see if it helps. If that doesn't work, download an app like Zedge and see if you can find a notification that is loud enough for you.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Just a passing thought; The loudest Zedge is called "90000000000000000000_4" (thats 19 "0s"). It an Air-Raid warning siren kind of thing. I use it for work, because I work in a really, really noisy environment. If you can't hear it, you need medical attention for auditive problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs