Why didn't my WIFI information move over when I upgraded to my Note 3?
I had Nexus 4, and then it **** the bed, got a replacement one in the mail, this was my first time seeing the wonder which is Google restore, all my information just magically appeared on my new device, even my WIFI information. I didn't have to log into any new SSIDs, input any user information or passwords etc. I was ecstatic!
Now, why didn't that happen when I recently upgraded to my Note 3? Do I have to find each new SSID and WEP keys etc?
I know it's not THAT big of a hassle, however I had a bunch of WEP/WPA keys already stored in there that took a bit of work to get. Ie. confidential or personal passwords that only certain people had were just in general, a pain in the *** to set up in the first place.
Just wondering why, and if it's possible to still find it and import it from my old device or somewhere?
- 01-05-2014, 09:18 PM #2
Re: Why didn't my WIFI information move over when I upgraded to my Note 3?
On your Nexus 4, did you do a backup and have it save all data including wifi configuration? If you did, then when you signed into Google and did a restore it should have been there. BUT, you went from a Nexus 4 to a N3, which is a totally different beast, it could have gotten borked because it's not pure "Google" and handles things differently.
I would say do a backup on the Nexus 4 using your google account. Then sign out of Google and re-sign and do a restore.
See if that helps....not sure cause in my cases, I have everything backed up (written down) incase this happens....and it does happen. Hope it helps ya!Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
- 01-06-2014, 12:43 AM #3
- By B. Diddy in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 18Last Post: 01-24-2014, 06:29 PM
- By swisstrader in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 01-06-2014, 02:01 PM
- By Nominasu in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 3Last Post: 01-06-2014, 09:48 AM
- By loimon in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 0Last Post: 01-05-2014, 04:24 PM
- By dickharper in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 01-05-2014, 03:18 PM