1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Question Why didn't my WIFI information move over when I upgraded to my Note 3?

I had Nexus 4, and then it **** the bed, got a replacement one in the mail, this was my first time seeing the wonder which is Google restore, all my information just magically appeared on my new device, even my WIFI information. I didn't have to log into any new SSIDs, input any user information or passwords etc. I was ecstatic!

Now, why didn't that happen when I recently upgraded to my Note 3? Do I have to find each new SSID and WEP keys etc?

I know it's not THAT big of a hassle, however I had a bunch of WEP/WPA keys already stored in there that took a bit of work to get. Ie. confidential or personal passwords that only certain people had were just in general, a pain in the *** to set up in the first place.

Just wondering why, and if it's possible to still find it and import it from my old device or somewhere?

Default Re: Why didn't my WIFI information move over when I upgraded to my Note 3?

On your Nexus 4, did you do a backup and have it save all data including wifi configuration? If you did, then when you signed into Google and did a restore it should have been there. BUT, you went from a Nexus 4 to a N3, which is a totally different beast, it could have gotten borked because it's not pure "Google" and handles things differently.

I would say do a backup on the Nexus 4 using your google account. Then sign out of Google and re-sign and do a restore.

See if that helps....not sure cause in my cases, I have everything backed up (written down) incase this happens....and it does happen. Hope it helps ya!
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

Default Re: Why didn't my WIFI information move over when I upgraded to my Note 3?

When I switched to the Note 3 from my Galaxy Nexus all of my Wifi information magically ported over to the Note 3. I know it is possible.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Weird, I just made sure my Nexus 4 backed up, it has, went to my Note 3 and it's all synced. I don't see anywhere to be more specific to ensure WIFI gets pushed over.