Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 - Contacts from iPhone not syncing

I friend of mine just made the switch from iPhone to Android. She purchased a Note 3 (which is what I have) She came right to me because I am known for my love of Android. She is thrilled with Google Play, Google Music, Google Keep, Google Drive, etc etc. She kept saying, this is so much easier then iTunes!
    When she was at AT&T, they synced her contacts from her iPhone to the Note 3. They show up in the phone but aren't syncing to Google Contacts. I have gone under her Google account to make sure syncing contacts re checked. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
    You were born an original , Don't Die a Copy

Global Posts
    8,432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Contacts from iPhone not syncing

Go to Settings > Accounts > Google Account of the device > Check Contacts then press menu and select "Sync Now". That should sync the contacts from the device to Google.

From there, go to the Gmail account via desktop PC (or Web view on Mobile) and pull down the Gmail drop-down menu and select Contacts. Contacts should be sync'd there if successful. If there are ay errors, or the device is not syncing, please advise so we can further troubleshoot the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Go to Settings > Accounts > Google Account of the device > Check Contacts then press menu and select "Sync Now". That should sync the contacts from the device to Google.

From there, go to the Gmail account via desktop PC (or Web view on Mobile) and pull down the Gmail drop-down menu and select Contacts. Contacts should be sync'd there if successful. If there are ay errors, or the device is not syncing, please advise so we can further troubleshoot the issue.
    I've done that, and it still does not sync

Probably the contacts are set to be stored on the SIM card or Phone and not in Google. Try the "Merge Accounts" option and if that doesn't work, try importing the contacts to Google (Import from USB storage or from SIM card to Google).

I had the same problem.

I went into contacts on my mac and exported them all a a vcard and imported into google contacts.

My iphone was synched to my mac but if she has no mac then I have no suggestions.