1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gmail Issue

Since I purchased my Note 3 it has operated very well. I now have a minor issue. I use both MailDroid and the Gmail app that came with the phone. MailDroid works beautiful but on a few emails the text comes in long strings and is unreadable. So I then open it in Gmail and it reads better. Sometimes the reverse happens, that is why I keep two email reader apps on my phone. Now the issue. MailDroid keeps up to date with incoming emails for two accounts. Gmail did it also for two accounts since I purchased the phone, but suddenly stopped keeping up to date with all incoming emails. I have to hit the refresh button at the bottom of Gmail screen to get the updated emails. Not a big deal but enough to make me stop using the Gmail app. Have checked all my settings and do not believe I changed anything. I can use laptop and send my self an email and MailDroid gets it immediately on email list for both accounts and Gmail never does list it without hitting the refresh button at bottom of the screen. Any good ideas what has happened to Gamil and why it no longer automatically updates my incoming email list? Thanks Mickey

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: Gmail Issue

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyboat View Post
    Since I purchased my Note 3 it has operated very well. I now have a minor issue. I use both MailDroid and the Gmail app that came with the phone. MailDroid works beautiful but on a few emails the text comes in long strings and is unreadable. So I then open it in Gmail and it reads better. Sometimes the reverse happens, that is why I keep two email reader apps on my phone. Now the issue. MailDroid keeps up to date with incoming emails for two accounts. Gmail did it also for two accounts since I purchased the phone, but suddenly stopped keeping up to date with all incoming emails. I have to hit the refresh button at the bottom of Gmail screen to get the updated emails. Not a big deal but enough to make me stop using the Gmail app. Have checked all my settings and do not believe I changed anything. I can use laptop and send my self an email and MailDroid gets it immediately on email list for both accounts and Gmail never does list it without hitting the refresh button at bottom of the screen. Any good ideas what has happened to Gamil and why it no longer automatically updates my incoming email list? Thanks Mickey
    Perhaps you have pressed Sync on the status bar by accident? Try to swipe down from the top, and press to enable auto-sync. That should fix it.
    Proud LG G2 Owner!