Thinking of switching to Note 3

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Using an iPhone 5s currently and honestly I love it. I just am super intrigued by the Note 3 and Galaxy Gear combo. Anyone switch from and iPhone and get both? How is everything working? I can essentially trade my phone for both of them but I'm torn. I use an iPad and MacBook Air and like my setup for now but idk I may switch. Talk me into or out of it haha

Last edited by a moderator:

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Thinking of switching

Using an iPhone 5s currently and honestly I love it. I just am super intrigued by the Note 3 and Galaxy Gear combo. Anyone switch from and iPhone and get both? How is everything working? I can essentially trade my phone for both of them but I'm torn. I use an iPad and MacBook Air and like my setup for now but idk I may switch. Talk me into or out of it haha

Hey,

I used to have the iPhone 5S. I loved everything about it and then I dropped it in some icy salt water at the airport... Now I'm rocking the note 3. It's not a bad phone but you really have to get used to the size and the interface of touchwiz which is neither here nor there for me. I like the functionality of it. Using the s pen comes in handy actually. Android has gotten to a point where it can compete with iOS and is pretty stable and smooth. The one thing I miss about the iPhone is the seamlessness about it. But with Android you can customize till your content... So there is a lot of give and take. Pros and cons with both... You have really know what you want in the phone and just go for it...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

That's ridiculous if you can swap your iPhone 5s for a Note 3 and Galaxy Gear. That is a no brainer there!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

I switched from an iPhone 5 to the note 3. I find the note 3 to be prefect for me. The s pen is actually useful for me and it's really a fantastic device. I tried the gear and for me it wasn't that good. I'm partial to G Shocks though and in my line of work is best if I keep it that way. But overall switching to the note 3 has been a great decision.

Rockin my Note 3

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

The quick answer for me when I had a similar decision to make was the fact that I used to have to carry around BOTH my iPhone 5 AND my ipad wherever I went. Switched to the Note 3 and due to its size I now leave the ipad at home and only have to carry one device. I've said it before, but after I got the Note 3 I picked up the iPhone and it looked and felt like a kids toy.

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm in pretty much the same position as Swiss above. I owned an iPhone 4S and an ipad 3. Now that I have the Note 3 the iPhone in a drawer somewhere and I'll probably sell the iPad as I hardly ever use it. I was the same as Swiss in that I ended up taking my ipad everywhere I went. Totally impractical. The Note 3 takes a bit of getting used to but once you do, you're hooked.

yes180914yes

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

i went from a iphone4s to a note 3. i dont have any gear but the phone is a shocker for size. to be totally honest though. it took about a day to get used to the size. it is real thin in pocket and the battery life blows the iphone battery life out of the water. with that said the iphone is a great device, i never really had a problem with mine except ios7 changing my camera for the worst.

it is a different monster and an android phone sometimes takes a bit more work to keep up with. iphones run real well most of the times. an android phone will require you to shut down background running apps to retrieve memory to open others. with that said though the note had 3gb of ram so your usually pretty good. to close down that stuff you just hold down the home button and hit the x and they will all go away.

i have lunch with a buddy every monday that has an iphone 5s and everytime he tries to show me a story or a picture on his iphone i think to myself 'how did i use a phone that small' but thats just because of what im used to now.

i feel like if your looking for a change to be able to change literally every possible thing on your phone then the android life is for you.

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

I haven't got the Gear but switched from a 4S to the Note 3 last week.

So far I am very happy with the switch.

Yes it's big, but I want to be able to see it so that is just what I want.

I have managed to get all the same APPS I liked on iOS on the Note. The few that have no Android version I have found equivalent ones.

I really love the openness of Android. I have installed Nova to customise my icons, and Swifkey keyboard. You try adding a new keyboard to an iPhone without JBreaking it.

It would take something REALLY out of the ordinary from Apple to get me to switch back.

Even though I use a Mac and have an Ipad I do not regret switching the 4S to the Note 3.

So, Galaxy Gear apart, I don't think you would regret swapping.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

z06mike is right - if you can swap the iphone for both a Note and the watch, do it. Trade-wise the iphone and the Note are currently about even. With the watch, you'll be way way ahead.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Depends on what size iPhone also. If it's a 16gb you have to remember the note starts at 32.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Depends on what size iPhone also. If it's a 16gb you have to remember the note starts at 32.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

That would be even worse! In the very least it better be a 64gb!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a 32gb and I've had the Note and Note 2 before and I'm very familiar with Android since I've had most every major flagship in recent years. I'm a weird one and actually like carrying around my iPad and iPhone and honestly I'm so deeply integrated in Apple with their iMessages and App Store plus iCloud. I just want the Note for when I don't have my iPad and I like having the freedom of Android. Idk this is why I'm asking and you guys are definitely helping! Keep it going please!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat actually but nobody in my area wants to trade a Note 3 for a 5s...I find myself switching between my 5s and Note 2 (which I'm getting rid of today). I might just say to hell with it and get a Note 3...I really want the features of Air Command. I cannot tell you how many times I'm browsing an article and want to capture part of it; the Note 2 could do this in a way but not like the Note 3 can. I'm a little hesitant to though because I hear some Note 3 users are experiencing random screen cracking.

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat actually but nobody in my area wants to trade a Note 3 for a 5s...I find myself switching between my 5s and Note 2 (which I'm getting rid of today). I might just say to hell with it and get a Note 3...I really want the features of Air Command. I cannot tell you how many times I'm browsing an article and want to capture part of it; the Note 2 could do this in a way but not like the Note 3 can. I'm a little hesitant to though because I hear some Note 3 users are experiencing random screen cracking.

yes they are....but don''t let that you down...as someone is working on Class Action Lawsuit

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I switched from the iPhone 5 to the note 3 and my god was it a good decision. I used to be very into apple maybe a bit of fanboyism but the flagship phones these last two years have been kicking apple ****,

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Someone is willing to trade you a nib note 3 + watch for 5S - Hard to believe but if true then no need to ask in this forum. I still have my 5s but it's relegated to when I 'can't show my andriod' (think if you worked for Apple you could carry a android?). In any event you said you get every flagship - so no brainer.... get note 3 and get Iphone 6 inch when it's released in 15/16.

Ni Hammad

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm deep into the apple ecosystem as well so I ditched my iPhone for the s4,now have the note 3, and bought an upon touch so I didn't feel that all my money hand gone to waste. Now I have my note 3 and occasionally carry my ipod touch for apps that are ios specific and and my music.

Posted via Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Me thinks if you get the Note 3, Galaxy Gear, and Note 10.1 2014 32gb, you be a happy camper!! :D

I have the Note 3, and Galaxy Gear, and working on the Note 10.1 2014 32gb in the next week or two..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar