Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IAmSixNine
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Details on how the Note 3 knows to draw 2 Amps (instead of 0.9) when charging

I've looked through as many charging threads as I could find. When you short the data pins (that's the 2 center pins, right?) The Note 3 knows it's a higher amp charging rate but how does it know if it's a 0.9 USB 3 port or a 2 A wall charger? Thanks. I'm trying to get a 4 A capable USB solar charger to provide the 2 A charging rate.

Default Re: Details on how the Note 3 knows to draw 2 Amps (instead of 0.9) when charging

The note its self doesnt know what your plugging it into.
    It only knows to draw a maximum amount of 2A of power.
    If you plug it into a device that only puts out 1A then the device will only get what the device can put out.
    It does have current limiting technology so if you use a 4A source the phone is designed to max out at 2A. As long as your source has regulated current output and protected from surges you can use a 4A source.
    Some cheaper made chargers have a tendency to have a voltage drop as the amount of current drain gets higher.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    FBA
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,465 Global Posts

Default Re: Details on how the Note 3 knows to draw 2 Amps (instead of 0.9) when charging

What he said!