S Voice stops functioning in hands free mode

pjproby

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
When Hands Free mode is on, S Voice can hear my voice giving commands only the first time. After which it shows only a blue line under the microphone button and does not seem to be able to hear, or show any incoming audio the way it does when it is working. Turning off Hands Free mode returns S Voice to its normal operation. This is consistent on my new Note 3. Anyone else?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
S voice Sucks donkey gizzards when it comes to hands free usage. Maybe in 4.4 they'll fix it but I doubt it.

I love Dragon, but it keeps the phone active and kills the Battery on both my N3 and my S3 and have not been able to find anything that works like it should.

Posted via Android Central App

kbennett65

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Different phone, I use the galaxy s4 with a motorola roadster 2 speaker but I did find a solution for hands free. Klets (in google play store ) is working beautifully. It runs in the background with minimal battery drain, works offline, wakes up when I activate my voice dial on the bluetooth speaker even if the lock screen on the phone is on and seems to play nice with both the phone and the speaker. I have only used Klets for 2 days but so loving it. There is a trial version to test compatibility with your phone

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
When Hands Free mode is on, S Voice can hear my voice giving commands only the first time. After which it shows only a blue line under the microphone button and does not seem to be able to hear, or show any incoming audio the way it does when it is working. Turning off Hands Free mode returns S Voice to its normal operation. This is consistent on my new Note 3. Anyone else?

no issues like that. are you using s-voice from when the screen is off? or how did you active svoice to get that?

pjproby

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have tried activating S-Voice every way possible—*with other services on and off—*nothing makes a difference except turning off hands free mode.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I have tried activating S-Voice every way possible—*with other services on and off—*nothing makes a difference except turning off hands free mode.

I'll state the obvious, but that's very odd .. anyway I am VZW and have had no issues at all. Only suggestion would be to pull the battery and see if that fixes things. other than that, call your carrier as it sounds to me like something's not configured correctly - mine worked (as well as it's been designed) out of the box, but I have done 1 battery pull when my phone locked up (nothing since then). I'm sure you've rebooted.. as that fixed a search issue I seemed to be having. good luck, not to make you jealous, but it's a cool feature and one worth going after to get fixed.

pjproby

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Dave. I may try doing a reset from scratch, although of course I'd rather not. I do have Samsung support on the issue, so I'll report back here.