Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default S pen help

    Hey everyone! I'm new and all to the android scene but I already love it and my note 3, save a few issues which I've run into. One if them being the spen. It's unresponsive for the most part and I was thinking it was a sensitivity issue. However... I can't find the settings. I've searches the controls setting to no avail. :/ Help?

    I have a screenshot but I don't know if I can or how to upload it.

    Posted via Android Central App
    ChiribaoGA likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Wow that sucks, it may be defective, did it start occurring from the start?

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
  3. #3  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Do you have a screen protector on. I found the default tip of the S Pen to be picky with a screen protector since the tip is rubber like. Try switching it with one of the harder plastic tips included in the little bag of tips with the phone (the tool to do it is included too). Otherwise, if you're touching the screen and getting in and out responses to your input it could be the S Pen.

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Yes. It's been like this from the beginning. No screen protector though and I'm still wondering how to reach the s pen settings.

    I didn't find a bag with replacements tips in my box so I'm starting to wonder if I was sold an incomplete product. I bought it from eBay and the seller had opened the box to test it out. When I get home I'll sift through the box again.

    Thanks for the suggestions.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Crxssroad; 01-11-2014 at 10:34 AM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Here's a screenshot of my settings where the spen settings are supposed to be.



    As you can see, the spen shortcuts are on screen but the settings are not.

    (And I apologize for the double post. I wasn't aware I could edit a post)

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Crxssroad; 01-11-2014 at 10:34 AM.
  6. #6  
    msndrstood's Avatar

    Posts
    1,014 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

    Default Re: S pen help

    This is what mine looks like.



    And when I click on S Pen



    Who is your carrier?

    Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

    Sent via Note 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    I'm missing all of that.

    No carrier yet. I bought it factory unlocked. When I turn the phone on there's no company logo either so I'm not too certain who the original carrier was, if there was any.

    If it's of any help, the model number is SM-900.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Crxssroad; 01-11-2014 at 12:14 PM.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Quote Originally Posted by Crxssroad View Post
    I'm missing all of that.

    No carrier yet. I bought it factory unlocked. When I turn the phone on there's no company logo either so I'm not too certain who the original carrier was, if there was any.

    If it's of any help, the model number is SM-900.

    Posted via Android Central App
    3 choices: 1 return the phone
    2 reload the software
    3 I would go for an exchanged

    it has to look like the second poster above
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    3 choices: 1 return the phone
    2 reload the software
    3 I would go for an exchanged

    it has to look like the second poster above
    How would I go about reloading the software? Returning it is going to be a bit of a hassle(bought from eBay).



    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Crxssroad; 01-11-2014 at 02:21 PM.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Quote Originally Posted by Crxssroad View Post
    How would I go about reloading the software? Returning it is going to be a bit of a hassle(bought from eBay).

    Posted via Android Central App
    try a factory reset first....go Settings>General>Backup and reset>factory reset..hit it

    maybe a software update..Settings>general>about device>software update>hit it.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    try a factory reset first....go Settings>General>Backup and reset>factory reset..hit it
    Already tried a factory reset. No dice.

    Would this help?

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Can you post a picture of your phone. There are a LOT of fakes out there...especially on eBay. If it doesn't have Samsung on boot, that's a telltale sign. The bezels happen to be bigger on fakes as well. You can especially tell with the s-pen...which doesn't have the "hover" feature in fakes. Hopefully this isn't the case for you.
    "aliter ictus diversis folks"
  13. #13  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Quote Originally Posted by mfldmike View Post
    Can you post a picture of your phone. There are a LOT of fakes out there...especially on eBay. If it doesn't have Samsung on boot, that's a telltale sign. The bezels happen to be bigger on fakes as well. You can especially tell with the s-pen...which doesn't have the "hover" feature in fakes. Hopefully this isn't the case for you.
    Really!!!!!!!!!!! Fake exist????
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: S pen help

    If it is a fake, I will return it. It was sold to me as a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I paid for it as one.

    Pictures:





    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Quote Originally Posted by Crxssroad View Post
    If it is a fake, I will return it. It was sold to me as a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I paid for it as one.

    Pictures:





    Posted via Android Central App


    how did you put widget on lock screen?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    how did you put widget on lock screen?
    It isn't locked in the picture.

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Quote Originally Posted by Crxssroad View Post
    It isn't locked in the picture.

    Posted via Android Central App
    ok wall paper then..I am no expert in fasle...so have to wait for Mike's reply

    - - - Updated - - -

    have you tried software update yet?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Quote Originally Posted by Crxssroad View Post
    Already tried a factory reset. No dice.

    Would this help?

    Posted via Android Central App
    it might...read it good
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    ok wall paper then..I am no expert in fasle...so have to wait for Mike's reply

    - - - Updated - - -

    have you tried software update yet?
    I just went to the widget section and dragged it out the same way you would an app.

    Software is apparently up to date. I'll wait to see what Mike says regarding the phone itself. Then I'll try the ROM thing.

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #20  
    msndrstood's Avatar

    Posts
    1,014 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

    Default Re: S pen help

    Can you post a screenshot of your About device screen?

    Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

    Sent via Note 2
  21. #21  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Quote Originally Posted by Crxssroad View Post
    I just went to the widget section and dragged it out the same way you would an app.

    Software is apparently up to date. I'll wait to see what Mike says regarding the phone itself. Then I'll try the ROM thing.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sorry to say, but if it is a fake, it may not have the hardware capability to run the ROM, and you might kill the phone entirely.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Sorry to say, but if it is a fake, it may not have the hardware capability to run the ROM, and you might kill the phone entirely.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    If it is a fake, I'm returning the device as is.

    Screenshot:



    Posted via Android Central App
  23. #23  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Quote Originally Posted by Crxssroad View Post
    If it is a fake, I'm returning the device as is.

    Screenshot:



    Posted via Android Central App
    Well, give it a few hours or another day to hear some other N3 owners weigh in with their opinions. Msunderstood's screen shots would seem to indicate there could be an issue. Good luck.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: S pen help

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Well, give it a few hours or another day to hear some other N3 owners weigh in with their opinions. Msunderstood's screen shots would seem to indicate there could be an issue. Good luck.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you. @-@

    It's really bugging me now because I had a problem with T-Mobile before as well which is why I resorted to buying one online. I don't want to pressure anyone, but I could really use the help!

    Posted via Android Central App
  25. #25  
    msndrstood's Avatar

    Posts
    1,014 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

    Default Re: S pen help

    It looks like from your baseband version that this is an International version running an Exynos processor. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I have no experience with the International version but I found this info to confirm it.



    Hopefully, someone with much more experience than I can help. Sorry you've had to deal with this, but for some reason, you are missing those files that control the S Pen. I have no idea why since the S Pen is the core of the Note series. If I find any more info, I'll post it here for you.

    I fear you may have a fake, or at the least, someone has messed with the software and decided to unload it on eBay. All is not lost if you can flash a legitimate ROM, if you are up for that challenge.

    As a side note, I also noticed the color is off on your pictures. It may be just me but the colored band at the top of the screen looks more green to me than mine. Just an observation.


    Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

    Sent via Note 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Micro SD card is locked? Help!
    By LimuHead in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-17-2014, 02:19 AM
  2. HELP! Ever since this recent update, my Galaxy S3 won't vibrate!
    By sjohnson1994 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 05:41 PM
  3. Phone contact set up help
    By burrism in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 06:30 PM
  4. help factory reset
    By xnunziatax in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 02:39 PM
  5. Bootloop htc one m7 international help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By Luckartdo225 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 01:26 PM

Posting Permissions

B