Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By FBA
  • 1 Post By Gator352
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,067 Global Posts

Default Got the new Zagg tempered glass screen protector

Got them free on both my Note 3's today. Was at the Zagg booth at CES here in Vegas and they were installing them free for anyone who was at the booth. I think they were just released for sale a few days ago for the Note 3.

Anyway, very cool protector and applying it is actually very easy.

It has extended "tabs" that allow you handle it and place it exactly where you want it while hovering over the screen, and once it sits on the screen, you just press down on one corner, remove your finger and it starts gluing itself down without you touching it. You can actually watch it gluing itself down. It takes a few seconds and it will not bubble. No squeegee, no liquid, no nothing.

Once it's placed, it's self-installing. You just have to make sure your screen is dust-free before starting. I really like it and would have paid for them if I had to!
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
    Gator352 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,817 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Got the new Zagg tempered glass screen protector

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    Got them free on both my Note 3's today. Was at the Zagg booth at CES here in Vegas and they were installing them free for anyone who was at the booth. I think they were just released for sale a few days ago for the Note 3.

Anyway, very cool protector and applying it is actually very easy.

It has extended "tabs" that allow you handle it and place it exactly where you want it while hovering over the screen, and once it sits on the screen, you just press down on one corner, remove your finger and it starts gluing itself down without you touching it. You can actually watch it gluing itself down. It takes a few seconds and it will not bubble. No squeegee, no liquid, no nothing.

Once it's placed, it's self-installing. You just have to make sure your screen is dust-free before starting. I really like it and would have paid for them if I had to!
    Are they near invisible?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

I got the one off ebay (not zagg) for 7.45 with free shipping and happy with it! It's just like what the OP described....self installing and very easy.

OP, you lucky dog you! Got it free with installation included! Awsome and couldn't ask for anything better right?!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Are they near invisible?
    Yuppers!
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,817 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    I got the one off ebay (not zagg) for 7.45 with free shipping and happy with it! It's just like what the OP described....self installing and very easy.

OP, you lucky dog you! Got it free with installation included! Awsome and couldn't ask for anything better right?!?

- - - Updated - - -

Yuppers!
    Thanks!

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,067 Global Posts

Are they near invisible?
    It's perfectly clear glass, so aside from seeing the edge around the top area where all the sensors and the earpiece are, it's invisible, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yuppers!
    Well, I could have asked them for a million bucks in cash; that would have been better, but, they were only giving out the screen protectors, not the money. LOL

Global Posts
    13,817 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

It's perfectly clear glass, so aside from seeing the edge around the top area where all the sensors and the earpiece are, it's invisible, yes.
    Sorry for not being clear, the edges were what I meant. Thanks for answering though.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,067 Global Posts

- - - Updated - - -

Yuppers!
    I bet the one you got for $7.45 is the same as the $40.00 one from Zagg too. It's a stupid piece of thin glass...hell, I could buy a piece of glass for a large window, with a tint for that price - LOL
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,067 Global Posts

Sorry for not being clear, the edges were what I meant. Thanks for answering though.
    It's invisible enough that I turned my backlight down and am saving more battery now. I had a matt screen protector on there before, and never realized how much light actually gets lost with those, until I put this one on.
    Thanked by:

Thanks!
    Welcome!

Well, I could have asked them for a million bucks in cash; that would have been better, but, they were only giving out the screen protectors, not the money. LOL
    I would have asked em' anyways! Said..."Hey, instead of a screen protector, how bout some cash to not bad mouth Zagg on the AC forums?? MMMM?"
    I bet the one you got for $7.45 is the same as the $40.00 one from Zagg too. It's a stupid piece of thin glass...hell, I could buy a piece of glass for a large window, with a tint for that price - LOL
    LOL! Yeah, but it didn't come in special "ZAGG" packaging. It was just wrapped in bubble wrap placed in a solid white box. Would've been better if the box had a racing stripe at least!

There are so many on ebay, can you tell me which one you bought?

Posted via Android Central App

Tempered vs non tempered, hardness of the glass, any coatings like anti-reflective, how good the glue is, are the edges rounded or tapered or chamfered or are they cut square so they snag or maybe even cut you? Unfortunately glass is not glass. Just like the steel in a knife is not the same as any other steel, or pick whatever to compare.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,067 Global Posts

You are probably right...and I have heard about issues with certain manufacturers of this type of product. The Zagg is so far, perfect however.