Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: Stock music player hissing/white noise

Hey guys, I've got a Note 3 with a S-View flip cover and listen to a lot of music with headphones on.

I think the only music player I can use with the S-View flip cover is the stock Samsung one, and with addition to adapt sound (which I really like), I do like to use the stock music player.

However, as a bit of an audiophile, I notice an extremely annoying hiss or 'white noise' in the background during quieter parts of my songs (it's not THAT loud but I'm fairly nit picky about audio quality). This noise is not apparent when I listen to music with the Google music player, so I don't think it's a hardware defect.

Does this happen to anywhere else? Is there anyway to fix it?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-12-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Global Posts
    13,990 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Stock music player hissing/white noise

Welcome to the forums.
    Have you tried a different player? I like PowerAmp.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

+1 on PowerAmp.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

I have the same, only on stock player when using adapt sound, adapt sound off...no hiss...

As far as other players, I really like Neutron...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you tried a different player? I like PowerAmp.
    Thanks. I haven't, but I see a lot of people recommending PowerAmp. What's the advantage to using it over any other player?

Quote Originally Posted by rusty502 View Post
    I have the same, only on stock player when using adapt sound, adapt sound off...no hiss...
    You're right! that seemed to have done it. Thankyou.

Global Posts
    13,990 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by KobaltKour View Post
    Thanks. I haven't, but I see a lot of people recommending PowerAmp. What's the advantage to using it over any other player?

There is a built in equalizer, and it has, for me at least, a better track record of reading media files that others on Play can't. Perfect example (I will probably date myself here) I have a Bryan Adams song that aside from the Samsung stock music app, would not play on any other player save for PowerAmp. I like the interface a lot better, the option to add the player to your lockscreen, etc, that I wound up buying it. Now this is an app that does have to eventually be purchased, but there is a trial version for 2 weeks, and the app is only $4 or $5.

The other reason I bought it was when I had my S3, and flashed SlimROM (an AOSP ROM) I could not use the Samsung signed music app, and I had to find a different one.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    msndrstood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty502;338.7242
    I got the hiss even after I turned off adapt sound. I turned off the stock player and am using google play music (which doesn't have adapt sound and doesn't show song lyrics.)

Default Re: Note 3: Stock music player hissing/white noise

If you're an audiophile you really need to use Neutron. The UI is not as good as Poweramp but it sounds so much sweeter.

yes180914yes