Galaxy Gear 2.0 March?

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
So what does everyone think about the announcement that a new Gear is headed our way after MWC. I was going to pull the trigger on a Gear after the price drop but now will probably wait... either to pick one up at fire sale once Gear 2 is released or just wait for Gear 2. With so many wearable's announced at CES, does the Gear #2 even matter....?

Kettle

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I initially didn't think I would want gear. Now I do. I think I am going to wait until 2.0 is available and get that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep - same here... saw it and thought, probably not. Now that I have the N3 I figure why not but now that a new version has been announced I'm kinda forced to wait. On side note was at V Corp store today and looked at all of the colors... online I thought the bronze one looked good but in person I'd probably stick with silver/black. Hopefully they will get rid of the BUMP (camera) on the watch band for V2.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I should have no problem selling my gear for 150.00 bucks and put that towards the new one. New one will end up costing me 150.00 bucks.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I would say wait for the 2nd version.
I never thought I would like the Gear and was one of those haters when it first came out. Then I got it for 50 bucks from Rogers, and now I wouldn't want to be without it.
While it is a great companion device. It does need some improvements. Which will hopefully be addressed with the 2nd generation.
Go big or go home!

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I should have no problem selling my gear for 150.00 bucks and put that towards the new one. New one will end up costing me 150.00 bucks.

That is exactly what I was getting ready to post. I will have no problem selling my Gear for $150 and jump right on the Gear 2 too. Most likely somebody will be discounting the Gear 2, and I will try to be in on that too.. :D

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That is exactly what I was getting ready to post. I will have no problem selling my Gear for $150 and jump right on the Gear 2 too. Most likely somebody will be discounting the Gear 2, and I will try to be in on that too.. :D

Hmmm... used Gear 1.0 w/wear and tear (and used battery) OR brand new Pebble. That'd be the choice someone would be making...for $150.

Note 3

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... used Gear 1.0 w/wear and tear (and used battery) OR brand new Pebble. That'd be the choice someone would be making...for $150.

Note 3

In all fairness, the Gear and Pebble are completely different smart watches. Different specs, different features, different functions.

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with my Gear - if you want it to go an extra mile, a Gear 2.0 won't give yoy what rooting and a custom rom can give you now.

Having the nova launcher, uccw and a bunch of other apps on my gear really turns it into a powerhouse. Having google maps and walking directions and a moving map on my wrist, when I'm traveling, is really huge too.

Posted via Android Central App

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I've been saying this for the past couple weeks, that gear 2 will come out in Barcelona end of Feb...a couple guys called BS. I stand by my original statement that it will happen.

p.s. you may want to post this in appropriate thread section which would be Gear vs Note 3.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Note 3

Oh yea,, absolutely. No wear and tear,, my stuff stays as new always,, only been using for one month, still have original box. Yes, there are people out there who will jump all over that. It won't last on eBay for more than a hour

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy with my Gear - if you want it to go an extra mile, a Gear 2.0 won't give yoy what rooting and a custom rom can give you now.

Having the nova launcher, uccw and a bunch of other apps on my gear really turns it into a powerhouse. Having google maps and walking directions and a moving map on my wrist, when I'm traveling, is really huge too.

Posted via Android Central App

What's this rooting and such you speak of on the Gear? I would love to have Google maps on my watch!

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
What's this rooting and such you speak of on the Gear? I would love to have Google maps on my watch!

While I would love to help you, based on your question, I take it you've never tried rooting Android devices :) If you see yourself as someone who is literate in technology, and you are not afraid to experiment, you can start here - [Tutorial] (Non Null_) Rooting / Nova / ATN / UCCW / ect. (Updated 11/04/13) - xda-developers

The fastest rooting procedure is described in there. After that, you would need to install a Null ROM - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588143

Once that is out of the way, here is the Google Maps hack - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47444341&postcount=1

There are a lot of in betweens, from making sure you are running the latest original Samsung firmware before you start, to screwing around with Bluetooth tethering - an important item, if you want full functionality.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The price is right at 50. I can get one from Verizon business for double that after note 3 purchase but decided not go pull the trigger once I heard the gear two release info.

I would say wait for the 2nd version.
I never thought I would like the Gear and was one of those haters when it first came out. Then I got it for 50 bucks from Rogers, and now I wouldn't want to be without it.
While it is a great companion device. It does need some improvements. Which will hopefully be addressed with the 2nd generation.
Go big or go home!

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
The price is right at 50. I can get one from Verizon business for double that after note 3 purchase but decided not go pull the trigger once I heard the gear two release info.

You should have. I paid 180 for mine, and it was worth every penny.

It is kind of like holding out for a newer car or phone - something newer and/or better will always follow.

The Gear 2 will certainly go for full retail, and at 300+ it better be a big step up from the current one, or it will be a hard sell.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I am kind of hoping that they don't mark the price for the Gear 2 at $300 plus.
It's hard to justify spending that much.
It's weird though, I wasn't willing to spend 300 on the Gear, but drop that on a Citizen Nighthawk in no time... How does that make sense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma