Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By seoulbrova
  • 1 Post By kj11
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Wood Skin Note 3



    Video of the skin installed on my Note 3.

    I ordered this directly from Skinomi and it took them over a week to get it to me. This wouldn't be an issue but I live 10 minutes from their company office. Maybe I've been spoiled by Amazon Prime Shipping, but they're way too slow in getting their product out.

    So far the skin seems pretty well made. We'll see how it holds up after a week or so and I'll revise my review at that time. One disappointing thing is that it doesn't include the front cover. Others like cruzerlite provide full coverage so it looks more uniform. Having the wood on the sides and back, but not the front detracts from the total package. What I mean is, it doesn't look like a solid slab of wood like the cruzerlite skins do (you can see examples in the nexus 5 forums.)

    Also, due to the shape of the Note 3's back, the cover doesn't fully wrap over the phone so the brown against the black is somewhat visible.
    Gator352 likes this.
  2. #2  
    kj11's Avatar

    Posts
    519 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wood Skin Note 3

    Over a week to ship anything anywhere is pretty much unacceptable these days, especially if it's within walking distance

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Gator352 likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Wood Skin Note 3

    Nice looking product but I would prefer to have a "real" wood battery cover....not just a sticker.

    About shipping:

    It doesn't matter whether you live 2 miles or 2000 miles from them. It all depends on their shipping procedures and what method of shipping you chose and paid for. They aren't going to break their shipping protocol and procedures just because someone lives real close. But I agree, over a week is ridiculous. FedEx Smartpost is a huge culprit of taking their time as they send it through US snail mail.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Wood Skin Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    Nice looking product but I would prefer to have a "real" wood battery cover....not just a sticker.

    About shipping:

    It doesn't matter whether you live 2 miles or 2000 miles from them. It all depends on their shipping procedures and what method of shipping you chose and paid for. They aren't going to break their shipping protocol and procedures just because someone lives real close. But I agree, over a week is ridiculous. FedEx Smartpost is a huge culprit of taking their time as they send it through US snail mail.
    They might not ship things out everyday or maybe they are bto, which would explain the delay.

    I bought a spigen slim armor case and they are in the same metropolitan area as me, so it should be next day delivery but still took several days to get my order.

    With regards to the skin, it has a nice finish, but it would have been nice to see a real wood back and wood trim around the front.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Gator352 likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Wood Skin Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    They might not ship things out everyday or maybe they are bto, which would explain the delay.

    I bought a spigen slim armor case and they are in the same metropolitan area as me, so it should be next day delivery but still took several days to get my order.

    With regards to the skin, it has a nice finish, but it would have been nice to see a real wood back and wood trim around the front.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Exactly. AC store (warehouse) is located in Inverness, Florida...30 miles from me. I have ordered stuff from them that took 3 days and others 5 days. It just all depends. Can't expect it to be here next day...I mean you can but your gonna be let down.

    Man, I just got a new LG G2 as a 7th line on the new Framily plan on Sprint....that phone is bad to the bone. I still prefer my N3 but the G2 is a great back-up!
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Wood Skin Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    Exactly. AC store (warehouse) is located in Inverness, Florida...30 miles from me. I have ordered stuff from them that took 3 days and others 5 days. It just all depends. Can't expect it to be here next day...I mean you can but your gonna be let down.

    Man, I just got a new LG G2 as a 7th line on the new Framily plan on Sprint....that phone is bad to the bone. I still prefer my N3 but the G2 is a great back-up!
    Unless they guarantee a delivery day like Amazon, then don't expect something next day. Or if you need it fast, call the company, they may be able to work something out. Also, they may prioritize those who opt for one or two day shipment.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Wood Skin Note 3

    I work in a warehouse that caters to mostly the dairy and food industries and we have no problem with customers picking up their orders. It all depends on individual policies...
    "aliter ictus diversis folks"
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Wood Skin Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by mfldmike View Post
    I work in a warehouse that caters to mostly the dairy and food industries and we have no problem with customers picking up their orders. It all depends on individual policies...
    It could have to do with insurance. Also they may be making some money off of Shipping and handling. I once had a local place I bought from, asked if I could pick up, they agreed but I had to pay a higher price

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Wood Skin Note 3

    Yeah, I bet it has a lot to do with liability which is probably the reason our customer pickup entrance is caged off and you can't get in unless an employee lets you in or you have the pre-programmed key fob.
    "aliter ictus diversis folks"

Similar Threads

  1. Note 3 not displaying clock and date in Lock Screen Help???
    By damdam109 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 06:10 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2014, 03:56 PM
  3. WTS: Verizon Note 3 & Galaxy gear watch - With extras!
    By NickB2005 in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 08:49 PM
  4. Sprint Note 2: back to stock?
    By James Nightmare in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 01:16 PM
  5. X note 5.0 Transformer Edition
    By Graeme Duncan in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 09:19 PM

Posting Permissions

B