N3 4.4.2 officially being released in Poland. Not far off now!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure kitkat is a very big update. Thought it basically rewrote how the entire home screen was coded.

Will this wipe out all the BS that ATT includes in their version of the software? And as stated can this be installed without somehow voiding any warranties?

putsometrebleinit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure kitkat is a very big update. Thought it basically rewrote how the entire home screen was coded.

Will this wipe out all the BS that ATT includes in their version of the software? And as stated can this be installed without somehow voiding any warranties?

I would guess that we'll see the update on three to six months. ATT has to do their usual adding of bloatware and locking of the bootloader before we get it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

That's one of the things I dislike about the stock kitkat, I don't need a network connection just to do basic phone things.

If Android gets any more Google-y, I would just stop updating.

Will wait for reviews.

@T-Mobile GN3

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sweet so far

equ7umez.jpg

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Snappyness is snappy, did a dirty load, not wiping. Ram usage is less than 4.3.

As for the rest, all there still.

Can you comment on snappy-ness and battery?

Also, is dialer still the same without Google secretly doing search in the background?

And is Google Now secretly eating battery doing all the "listening" on the background all the time?

Thanks

@T-Mobile GN3

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure it's pretty much a "soak" test but it's rolling out nonetheless! So it can't be too far off. I know this update isn't bringing major changes, but I hope it fixes the few quirks it does have!

Breaking: Android 4.4.2 KitKat rolling out to Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) | SamMobile

Android 4.4.2 KitKat Officially Rolling Out to Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005)

There's a slew more of links....just Google "Poland 4.4.2 Note 3 rollout"

Pardon my English but,what the hell is a soak test?

Posted via Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Snappyness is snappy, did a dirty load, not wiping. Ram usage is less than 4.3.

As for the rest, all there still.

great to hear.

One more thing, did you find any problem with SD card? some people at XDA reports problems with writing to SD card.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Pardon my English but,what the hell is a soak test?

Posted via Android Central App

"Soak" test is where a manufacturer such as Samsung or Motorola releases a major update on a specific carrier but only to a few....such as 1000 phones, to see if there are major bugs that need to be addressed before releasing it to millions of phones.

Hope that helps ya!