1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Backing Up Photos

WOW - these Forums are huge! Easy to get lost in here.
    My story: I just broke up with my iPhone 5, and am married to a Galaxy Note 3. So far, so happy. As far as I can tell, it's running Android 4.3 if that matters.

Anyway - when you took a photo on the iPhone, it was automatically saved in your PhotoStream, which I could access from my work PC or Mac at home. I've read a lot of people back up their photos to Google +, and they can be accessed in Picassa. Seems like a good enough idea.

However - I already noticed my phone Gallery has some OLD Picassa albums I used to use (I used to have a blog, for example) -- I don't want those on my phone. I also read that when you take pics w/ the phone - it creates a separate Picassa album for each pic? Annoying, if so. I found the setting to STOP the sync to Picassa ... so I would not see my Picassa albums on my phone.

But wait --- if that's the case, how do I send my phone photos TO Picassa? Can it go one directional?

Bottom line: I want an easily accessible (preferrably free) way to access all of my photos if I need them.

Thanks!
    Lori

Default Re: Backing Up Photos

Dropbox Camera Upload. get a link here -

Dropbox and SugarSync referrals here!

Google+ is the app to use to backup your photos or Dropbox. If you have photos you don't want anymore, log into Google+ on your computer and delete the albums. From there they will be gone from your phone after it syncs. I have Google+ set to backup my photos whether I'm on mobile data or wi-fi, because I'm on unlimited. I also have it set to only upload while charging so that it doesn't waste battery during the day.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I think you can set up Google+ to auto backup your phone's photo. Not sure if Picasa has that feature.