- 7 Posts
Backing Up Photos
WOW - these Forums are huge! Easy to get lost in here.
My story: I just broke up with my iPhone 5, and am married to a Galaxy Note 3. So far, so happy. As far as I can tell, it's running Android 4.3 if that matters.
Anyway - when you took a photo on the iPhone, it was automatically saved in your PhotoStream, which I could access from my work PC or Mac at home. I've read a lot of people back up their photos to Google +, and they can be accessed in Picassa. Seems like a good enough idea.
However - I already noticed my phone Gallery has some OLD Picassa albums I used to use (I used to have a blog, for example) -- I don't want those on my phone. I also read that when you take pics w/ the phone - it creates a separate Picassa album for each pic? Annoying, if so. I found the setting to STOP the sync to Picassa ... so I would not see my Picassa albums on my phone.
But wait --- if that's the case, how do I send my phone photos TO Picassa? Can it go one directional?
Bottom line: I want an easily accessible (preferrably free) way to access all of my photos if I need them.
- 01-14-2014, 11:35 AM #2
Re: Backing Up Photos
Dropbox Camera Upload. get a link here -
- 01-14-2014, 05:21 PM #3
Re: Backing Up Photos
Google+ is the app to use to backup your photos or Dropbox. If you have photos you don't want anymore, log into Google+ on your computer and delete the albums. From there they will be gone from your phone after it syncs. I have Google+ set to backup my photos whether I'm on mobile data or wi-fi, because I'm on unlimited. I also have it set to only upload while charging so that it doesn't waste battery during the day.
- 01-20-2014, 02:38 AM #4
- By Jorge Lavayen in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 01-27-2015, 06:09 AM
- By jeremyp1 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 2Last Post: 01-21-2014, 04:46 PM
- By LunatiqueRob in forum General Photography LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 01-16-2014, 03:15 PM
- By Lilshaq65 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 01-14-2014, 01:29 PM
- By Jorge Lavayen in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 01-13-2014, 03:21 PM