1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 gps issues

Can anyone help im on my 4th note 3 now on voda network I'm in leeds and the stock accu whether and time app and 3rd party weather and time apps keep changing to places in London and Malaysia which if in Malaysia changes the time also which affects my alarm as it's not the uk time anymore!!! I jave called Samsung who were no help and phones 4 u have no ideas so just keep changing the handset I have done 2 sim swaps but still having this intermittent problem plz help as I can only change handset 1 more time to number 5 or can change to total different handset

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Note 3 gps issues

If you enable GPS and open Google Maps, does it show your correct location? If so, the issue is not with your GPS but with your carrier's location service, and it can also affect the location services used by AccuWeather and 3rd. party apps (not always Google's, BTW).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes when the gps is turned on it works .So if it's my networks location services how do I sort this out ?

You'd have to report it to your carrier or see if the app you're using has a report button. In certain apps you can choose to use a different geolocation service, sometimes that helps too.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by SpookDroid; 01-16-2014 at 11:03 AM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have reported it to Vodafone my carrier and they say there is no problem they have also sent 2 new micro sim cards to try but still no luck

Yeah, it only proves their tech support is crap hehe this has nothing to do with your SIM. The location services use their tower data to provide approximate coordinates and, therefore, a location. If that data is wrong, if the tower ID is getting messed up (and honestly, they're the only ones that can handle that), then the services think you're in a whole different area.

Unfortunately, the same goes for the geolocation services. If THEY have the tower data wrong, even though the network is reporting its ID correctly, your location will show incorrectly. Think of having John Doe's phone number in your Address Book and someone changed the name to Jane Doe; even though the network gives you the number correctly, the name on the caller ID will be incorrect because your records are wrong.

Have you tried faster gps/gps fix from the Play Store, you need root.

SM-N900V DE

Strange..my GPS is spot on in my area. The other day I didn't even have location serviced enabled and I opened Google Maps and it was already tuned to my current location!

But to reiterate what was previously stated, it might have something to do with Vodafone towers. Perhaps try a different sim from a different company and see if the problem is reproducible?