- 3 Posts
Video in through mini USB (lifeview from Nikon)?
Hello, I was thinking of using a HDMI to USB cable to send the lifeview of a Nikon D7000 to the screen of the Note 3 .
The idea is to use this an angle viewfinder alternative, it came after seeing the Aputure V-Screen.
So when taking very low macro shots, I would not have to lay down on the ground (the LCD screen of the D7000 does not move) but I could look on the Note 3 to frame and adjust focus manually .
Does anyone have experience with video signals coming into the Note 3 (most information I found is about sending out)? Any special apps needed?
Did anyone find this way of using an android phone as view screen in a manual? (I had no success till now)
Anyone has specific Nikon experience with this?
- DslrDashboard as an interesting app, not clear if it would be needed.
- Helicon Remote (paid app)
- CamCap and DSLR Controller (paid apps)
- Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility
- Trigger Happy
- cam ranger
- Cable on e-bay: Micro to USB 3.0 OTG Data Host Flash Disk Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 => from what I saw this is a female USB to USB3 micro cable. => so the standard cable I have for charging.
- By glc650 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 6Last Post: 01-17-2014, 10:42 AM
- By tjtweeker in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 01-16-2014, 08:29 AM
- By tjtweeker in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 01-15-2014, 08:03 PM
- By ImNotAMagician in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 01-15-2014, 12:30 AM
- By darcisuttle in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 01-15-2014, 12:17 AM