Swype + Dragon and Emoji

jrcorwin

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
First of all, I am new to Android after being an iPhone user for the last few years.

I like the color emoji included in the stock (4.3) Samsung keyboard with Swype input enabled, but I use the Swype+Dragon keyboard because I can make the keyboard shorter in portrait view. I don't like how tall the stock keyboard is and it cannot be adjusted.

Unfortunately, the Swype+Dragon keyboard doesn't offer color emoji. Is there another way to access them that I am missing?

2myuce9.jpg

jacob_swype

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Swype doesn't offer Emoji at this point, but more and more users are requesting it!

There is an existing thread at the Swype forums about this.

Of course, you can always go old-school and use the symbol layer (+!=) to create some sweet ASCII smileys.

Jorleigh13

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
FBA, how do I come across beta? I am using SwiftKey and I love it. However, my emojis are all also like the picture and "un-animted".

Posted via Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Go to swift key's website (search SwiftKey beta) and download it to your phone. Make sure you go in your phone settings and allow non-market apps to be installed.

Settings => Security => Unknown Sources

demarcmj

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Swype doesn't offer Emoji at this point, but more and more users are requesting it!

There is an existing thread at the Swype forums about this.

Of course, you can always go old-school and use the symbol layer (+!=) to create some sweet ASCII smileys.

The "existing thread" has been open since 2012 and even back in 2012 Swype acknowledged that it was a "hugely popular feature request." Just do it already.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
No... They would rather give us soccer themes instead! You think emojis and the ability to custom color a keyboard would have made most happy... Just saying... Who needs all those soccer themed keyboards.

Ciara Gilsenan

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Really disappointed to come here and find that there really aren't any better Emoji's hidding somewhere in my new Swype keyboard :-( Endless Soccer skins but no decent Emoji's! How does that figure?? Weirdest thing is when I type words like 'glasses' or the word 'horse' I get an option for an animated pair of sunglasses or a little horse character, which suggests that there is a stock page of emoticons in there somewhere!

Even this forum has a host of Emoji options!! :'( :-\ :-[ :(

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Swype does have intuitive emoji now...not the best option but if you type happy☺, love ??????, drink ?????? etc and you type the proper Key word the emoji will pop up...just check use intuitive emoji in predictions in settings.
This was typed using Swype. I wish they would replace that lame emoji menu with the a real one as the key words aren't always easy to remember.

Last edited:

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if a list is offered as to what each emoji is called on Swype+Dragon? For instance, my favourite is joy = 😂, and so on.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If you Google Swype emoji list, I think you can look through the Swype forum threads that pop up and there is s a list.

RockyJD

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I use WhatSmileys for chat. The app shows on any screen where there is typing and it's just a small balloon with a Smiley in it. It has over 100 different Smileys and other faces and pics. I love it. You pick the Smiley and it drops it into the standard text app on my S4 and then I write and send. Easy as that!:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan