Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Swype + Dragon and Emoji

First of all, I am new to Android after being an iPhone user for the last few years.

I like the color emoji included in the stock (4.3) Samsung keyboard with Swype input enabled, but I use the Swype+Dragon keyboard because I can make the keyboard shorter in portrait view. I don't like how tall the stock keyboard is and it cannot be adjusted.

Unfortunately, the Swype+Dragon keyboard doesn't offer color emoji. Is there another way to access them that I am missing?

Swype + Dragon and Emoji-2myuce9.jpg

Default Re: Swype + Dragon and Emoji

I think the Swype beta does. There is a story with links on the front page of the site.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post
    I think the Swype beta does. There is a story with links on the front page of the site.

I thought that was Swiftkey, but I'll check.

Swype doesn't offer Emoji at this point, but more and more users are requesting it!

There is an existing thread at the Swype forums about this.

Of course, you can always go old-school and use the symbol layer (+!=) to create some sweet ASCII smileys.
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,350 Global Posts

SwiftKey has it in the beta. I am using it.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
    Thanked by:

FBA, how do I come across beta? I am using SwiftKey and I love it. However, my emojis are all also like the picture and "un-animted".

Go to swift key's website (search SwiftKey beta) and download it to your phone. Make sure you go in your phone settings and allow non-market apps to be installed.

Settings => Security => Unknown Sources

Quote Originally Posted by jacob_swype View Post
    Swype doesn't offer Emoji at this point, but more and more users are requesting it!

There is an existing thread at the Swype forums about this.

Of course, you can always go old-school and use the symbol layer (+!=) to create some sweet ASCII smileys.
    The "existing thread" has been open since 2012 and even back in 2012 Swype acknowledged that it was a "hugely popular feature request." Just do it already.

No... They would rather give us soccer themes instead! You think emojis and the ability to custom color a keyboard would have made most happy... Just saying... Who needs all those soccer themed keyboards.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Just switched to Swype (from SwiftKey). So far I like Swype better, except the lack of emojis.