Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nakrohtap
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up Upgrade ready

Well, my upgrade is finally here and I want to get a Note 3, but have been hearing lots about reception/connectivity issues on Verizon. Has this been resolved with updates yet?

Default Re: Upgrade ready

I have had a Verizon GN3 since day 1. Except for one spot by the lake where the phone drops the call every time, I have had no reception or connectivity issues at all. Perhaps you have been taken in by some random FUD.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

No issues here either. FYI - you only hear from the few people who are having the issues, not the masses who don't experience any issues. There's been several threads from owners who love this phone as well. Most people who have no issues will not flock to the Internet to tell you.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    rvhs03 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the responses. I guess I will putting my OG RAZR out to pasture this weekend and picking up my first Samsung.

Just a minute ago.

Caveat, I am within eyesight of a tower. However, having said that, I don't really have many connectivity issues over what I had with my Moto Razr. That was a concern as that was something I was worried about, since their radios are considered the best of the business. Not quite as good but no real problems.

PS, the best I've gotten is over 60.

Having come from an OG Razr, I can state that you'll be quite happy if you switch. The only thing I miss is Smart Actions, and there are 3rd party solutions to that (which I haven't bothered with yet). The screen is going to blow you away. And the Spen? Nice.

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts

Welcome to the club!

Coverage/connectivity depends largely on location. My old cell vs the Note is pretty much the same. You should be fine.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

You guys have really eased my concerns. I'd hate to have a device that can do everything BUT make and recieve calls. Also hate giving up my unlimited data, but don't use much anyway and I'm still being offered 6GB. Currently using less than 3, so it shouldnt be an issue.

I don't have connectivity issues at all. I upgraded from an original Razr, and what a difference! Sound quality was WAY better from both a receiving and transmitting perspective, better coverage, and WAY better battery life.

I do have one issue of my phone getting stuck in 3G, though. Supposedly, that could be an issue with one of my apps, though, and not with the phone itself. A quick reboot solves the problem every time.

Quote Originally Posted by atlbyrd View Post
    You guys have really eased my concerns. I'd hate to have a device that can do everything BUT make and recieve calls. Also hate giving up my unlimited data, but don't use much anyway and I'm still being offered 6GB. Currently using less than 3, so it shouldnt be an issue.
    If you can afford it, you can keep unlimited if you agree to buy the phone at full price and split the payments into 12 equal payments. This will add an extra ~ $60 to your bill for 12 months (plus you have to pay the sales tax up front) but you'll own the phone. Yeah, you have to pay retail, but you probably won't lose too much value if you sell 12 months from now, if you even want to sell it then.

Check with your local VZN outlet for details.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Interesting that the Rep declined to mention that option Teleburst. I'll make sure to bring that up this weekend. I think I'd much rather go that route.

I upgraded from the Galaxy Nexus. The Note is light years ahead of my old phone. The Gnex constantly lost the data connection and switched between 3G and 4G. In those same areas my Note maintains a solid 4G connection. In addition, my Wifi is much faster and my battery lasts all day long - bonus!

I would say that call quality is much improved as well over the Gnex. I am very happy with my purchase.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by atlbyrd View Post
    Interesting that the Rep declined to mention that option Teleburst. I'll make sure to bring that up this weekend. I think I'd much rather go that route.
    They're not all that clued in. I had to explain it to my rep as well. They are all focused on the Edge program, which is a different program. Make sure that they verify that your unlimited isn't removed when they place the order. DO NOT let them change your plan in any way if you are trying to keep unlimited data. Verify, verify, verify. Here's the plan as it was first announced. At the time, it wasn't known that they would let you keep your grandfathered plan, which is really the only good reason to do it in my opinion. If you scroll through the comments, you'll see that it's eventually mentioned as verified. And I can personally verify it because I did it.
    http://phandroid.com/2013/04/22/veri...-plan-details/
    Last edited by teleburst; 01-16-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Oh yeah, they tack on a $2 a month "finance charge". That didn't bother me at all. It was worth it to keep unlimited. I'm hoping to pay it off a month or two early anyway (and no, you can't pay extra each month - you have to pay the remaining balance all at once, which is a drag).

I should have used an Android Central article but this was one of the first to pop up when I googled it. Sorry, dudes!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Great info. I think this definately the way to go for me.

I had really bad reception issues the first week it came out but then Verizon rolled out a film ware update and it fixed it. Perfect reception since!

No problems here. Radio performance is better than my note 2 after aws. Before aws, it was about the same. My note 2 was better than my older phones like Thunderbolt, rezound, droid razr maxx, s3.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro