Can i go back from 4.4.2 to 4.3 official firmware

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Why is Samsung getting these issues with updates lately? It's starting to get ridiculous...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

I am convinced this is a google F8ckup. Users of Moto, Nexus all reported problems with KK update.

I think in exhausting ways to get users linked to google service, google created a lot of unintended bugs in this version. I will be extremely cautious on next major update from google.

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I have been away from the forum for a while so forgive me if it has already been discussed, but what is the best way to block the update? I saw that there was an app for the Galaxy 3 but haven't seen anything for the note 3.

careplus

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
No you can not.

Sd card problem :

foldermount from google market 100% will solve the problem.

I think it would be moral for Samsung to listen to the complains about the new firmware kitkat 4.4.2 and make an update for it. After all the the firmware is official now
or at least we should have a choice with the product that we buy ?

Care

boudicca00

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have been away from the forum for a while so forgive me if it has already been discussed, but what is the best way to block the update? I saw that there was an app for the Galaxy 3 but haven't seen anything for the note 3.

For roughly a bit less than a week, I got a note saying that I "could" download and upgrade to 4.4, and it gave me an option to postpone that dl/upgrade. As of last night, it suddenly said it was downloaded, and wanted to be installed. I never confirmed a download; it just did it on its own. The message now says it wants to install it within 10 minutes. I'm trying to cancel out the window anytime it pops up, but it's ridiculous.

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
For roughly a bit less than a week, I got a note saying that I "could" download and upgrade to 4.4, and it gave me an option to postpone that dl/upgrade. As of last night, it suddenly said it was downloaded, and wanted to be installed. I never confirmed a download; it just did it on its own. The message now says it wants to install it within 10 minutes. I'm trying to cancel out the window anytime it pops up, but it's ridiculous.

That is what I am fearing. Does anyone have a way to block it?

monkeyfacedboy

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I had this as well, the phone seemed to download the update of its own accord and then kept popping up asking to install, I kept cancelling it, until one day I was using the phone when the popup appeared under my finger as I touched the screen and hit the install button.

The phone rebooted and updated. Now I find VPN doesn't work at all. As it seems I can't downgrade, is there a fix for the VPN issue?

Dr Rose

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
before you eagerly upgrade you should be aware of the limitations relating to microSD memory cards. In basic terms, when you upgrade to KitKat, third-party apps will no longer be able to write to SD cards.
However, NextApp, Inc. brings a quick and simple fix, called SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD, available for free on Google Play.
SDFix works by modifying a configuration file deep within your GS4's /system folder. This modification restores the ability of third-party apps to write and make changes to your external SD card?all you have to do is open up the app and follow the on-screen directions.

Hope it could help.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
First off you are incorrect in your statement that "third party apps will no longer be able to write to SD Cards". It simply requires the application to be updated to use the proper API's. Second, does the program you are talking about require root access. It sounds like it would if it is updating files in the /system folder.

Kahn Adda

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

Automatic updates can be switched to manual updates on the Note 3 by unchecking two check boxes:

Settings>General>About device>Software update. Uncheck 'auto update' and 'WiFi only'. There is also the option to manually update. I may use this one day. For now, 4.3 works just fine.

Last edited:

Bl1zz4rd

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I love how people make up their mind as SOON as something goes wrong without digging a little bit for a fix. Settle down before going around F'ing everything... For every problem there is a fix out there.

Do you know of a fix for the unbelievable lag I'm experiencing on my S4 (I9500) after updating to 4.4? Been using 4.2 all along and it's been snappy, now it's awful and I regret updating. Everyone on XDA has told me I can't downgrade due to Knox, which is extremely frustrating, so I'm having to live with a phone that's worse off after getting a more recent version of Android.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
A factory reset will likely resolve the issue. Also be wary of what apps are running in the background that could slow the phone down

Posted via Android Central App

Bl1zz4rd

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you know of a fix for the unbelievable lag I'm experiencing on my S4 (I9500) after updating to 4.4? Been using 4.2 all along and it's been snappy, now it's awful and I regret updating. Everyone on XDA has told me I can't downgrade due to Knox, which is extremely frustrating, so I'm having to live with a phone that's worse off after getting a more recent version of Android.

I myself have never experienced "unbelievable" lag with any phone or any update. The first thing to try (and even though I'm not a big fan of doing it) is factory reset the entire phone and start from scratch or download this app called SD Maid and clean up your cache, databases etc. very easy to use and clears up everything unnecessary.

Yes Knox is the root of all evil now with Samsung phones unfortunately... but try SD Maid first before factory resetting..

wydraz

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Guys I neeeed help with my Note 3 9005.

It was working great on 4.3 and then I accepted the pushed KitKat 4.4.2 firmware - initially, for approx a day, it worked fine but then the issues started - it is pretty much now unusable, the main issues are as follows:

I have done multiple battery removes/replace and have also done a factory reset since upgrade to 4.4.2

1. I have a genuine S-view cover. 8/10 times the phone display will NOT turn on when I open the cover. Not only that but the phone is completely unresponsive to any button presses for approx 5 minutes - eventually the screen will come on but the phone will be extremely slow.
2. Most of the time when I unlock (on the rare occasions it functions as it should) and I go to enter text in any app be it email, ebay, whatsapp etc, basically anywhere I need to type, the keyboard will appear and the word suggestions will appear but NO text will actually enter into the text field - I need to exit the app completely and then re-enter the app in order to see and enter what I want to type.
3. S-Voice will appear randomly and when I press the home button the phone will freeze for approx 30 secs and then go back to an incomplete version of the lock screen - I'll enter my pin and the input will not appear for around another 30 secs.
4. Sometimes the screen rotate will not work.

SO frustrating - I am seriously tempted to buy a Galaxy S5 but will the problems still exist?

Interested to hear your thoughts. If I was competent enough to downgrade to 4.3 I would in a heartbeat.

Thanks,

Dan

jeepmanjr

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I have no problem with KitKat, everything works fine.

Likewise...I've yet to find a single issue with my N900V KK update (and didn't have to do a factory reset either). In fact, it seems the battery is actually lasting longer now than it used to. Sure wish I could root though!! :-(

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Generally speaking people comments when they have issues. Not the other way around. I am in the same boat with my Note 3. Everything is working fine and most of my apps have been updated for kit katt. I did do a factory reset though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz