Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By z06mike
  • 1 Post By Kettle
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default About battery drainage.

    Guys I have not put any sim in my note 3. When I use phone without turning on airplane mode battery goes like crazy. But when I turn it on it does not drain that much. What is the cause? Is it that I am not using any sim? Or some other issue??

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Could be location services or the phone searching for a radio connection. If you don't need location reporting on, turn off location services in settings.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Amir 
  3. #3  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    7,860 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    What do the battery stats show as the number 1 drain?

    Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Here are GSM stats.





    Check 72% to 65% huge drain then I turn on airplane mode then return to normal.





    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.



    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  6. #6  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Here are GSM stats.

    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/17/a2e4u7uj.jpg

    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/17/9uju5ava.jpg

    Check 72% to 65% huge drain then I turn on airplane mode then return to normal.

    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/17/9upa4asa.jpg



    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    It's location services and Facebook. They're always the likeliest culprits.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Thanks but I use fb all time but did not saw that much drain. Drain started at 72%, upto 65% then I turned on airplane mode then it returns to normal

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    I used with airplane mode all time battery functions normally. But without it after 75% battery drains like crazy. 😟

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  9. #9  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    7,860 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Thanks but I use fb all time but did not saw that much drain. Drain started at 72%, upto 65% then I turned on airplane mode then it returns to normal

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    It's likely Facebook. You need to go into the app settings and change the refresh interval to manual instead of push. And turn off location services for the app

    Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
    Amir 
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    It's likely Facebook. You need to go into the app settings and change the refresh interval to manual instead of push. And turn off location services for the app

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks i will try that out.. but why turning on airplane mode consume less battery? I use fb same way but battery drain faster if airplane mode turned off. Is it because I am not using any sim or other reason?

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  11. #11  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    7,860 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Thanks i will try that out.. but why turning on airplane mode consume less battery? I use fb same way but battery drain faster if airplane mode turned off. Is it because I am not using any sim or other reason?

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Without airplane mode the phone is using the radio to try and get those notifications. Airplane mode = no radio...no radio = no drain

    Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
    Amir 
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Without airplane mode the phone is using the radio to try and get those notifications. Airplane mode = no radio...no radio = no drain

    Posted via Android Central App
    OK thank you 😁

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  13. #13  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Using N3 for the last 20 days, I've been extremely pleased with its battery, nowhere close to my previous phone, HTC Rezound. But, after seeing 96% this morning, I was thrown off seeing only 15% six hours later, and the phone was unusually warm. I've never seen a number less that 40. All I know was that avast antivirus was running a scan at the time.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    The phone was warm because a) the CPU/GPU was being used intensively, b) the screen was on for an extended period, c) phone searching for signal, d) an app stuck using background data or e) a combination of those things.
    UJ95x likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    If there is no sim and you are not on airplane mode. The phone still search for signal and drains more battery or it does not?

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  16. #16  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    If there is no sim and you are not on airplane mode. The phone still search for signal and drains more battery or it does not?

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    This is the reason that I put my phone in airplane mode while on an airplane. I am not afraid that the airplane will crash. Rather my phone will be dead from continuously searching for a network. I have landed with many dead batteries for failing to do so.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Amir likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    The phone was warm because a) the CPU/GPU was being used intensively, b) the screen was on for an extended period, c) phone searching for signal, d) an app stuck using background data or e) a combination of those things.
    All of it is true theoretically, but none applied to my case. The six hours that drained the battery 70% were no different in phone use than any other six hour period prior.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kettle View Post
    This is the reason that I put my phone in airplane mode while on an airplane. I am not afraid that the airplane will crash. Rather my phone will be dead from continuously searching for a network. I have landed with many dead batteries for failing to do so.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    But on MJ6 there was no problem with phone radio. I did not have any sim that time i could get descent battery life without turning on airplane mode. But on MJ7 a lot of battery being sucked up by phone radio. Phone standby for me sucks on MJ7

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Does phone standby Time sucks on MJ7 for everyone or just me???

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: About battery drainage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Does phone standby Time sucks on MJ7 for everyone or just me???

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    《BUMP》

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Thinking about installing a 4.4.2 rom on AT&T S3
    By sigreddasparks in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-27-2014, 08:26 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 02:28 PM
  3. Battery life running ART
    By beeare in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 12:04 PM
  4. Newbie questions about Motox on prepaid
    By TheFlyingDave in forum Moto X
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-17-2014, 11:01 AM
  5. Google Play Services - Battery Saving Lie?
    By Mikey47 in forum LG G2
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 05:16 PM

Posting Permissions