Phone gets stuck in s-view mode

fdisker2000

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a problem like mine? I have an official s-view case and my phone gets stuck in s-view mode quite often. When it happens, I open the case and the phone will not come out of s-view mode. The only thing that fixes it is removing and reattaching the cover. It also will go into s-view mode occasionally when using the phone. This used to happen once every few days but now it happens several times a day.
I have reset my phone several times and run it with no additional apps installed and it still happens. If I use the phone without the s-viewcover it works fine. Does anyone else have this problem? Is the cover defective? Is it software related and can be fixed with an update?
Samsung says I should go to my Verizon store and try it with a different cover. Standing around waiting to see if it does this with another cover seems asinine; if they even have one to try. (I didn't buy it from Verizon, I bought it from a third party on Amazon( they say my return window is over)).

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Longshot but did you try to remove the back cover and put it on again? Sounds like possibly an issue with the contacts in the cover? Maybe check that the contacts are seating properly...?

Posted via Android Central App

fdisker2000

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I already remove the back to fix the issue every time it does it. It's annoying because I need to do it several times a day.
The cover is making good contact, the phone knows when the cover is opened; the screen comes on but it will be stuck in the s-view window.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR