Sick of the size of the phone. Want to sell or trade

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Really?! I find that hard to believe. S - Voice has been pretty ineffective for me while Siri was pretty darn good at understanding what I wanted. And the voice recognition for texting and emailing is a joke really. Fail as far as I see.

Posted via Android Central App

Wow. I use voice every day and have never had that issue. I don't really have an issue on my iPad mini either though.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
How do fog get it to do a period? And don't you think it's ridiculous that it won't automatically start a new sentence with a capital letter? Seems silly on androids part. Just another example of my point I suppose.

Say period. And yeah, that seems a weird quirk.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Using S Voice might be part of the problem. I just use the microphone key on the keyboard for voice to text. Which I think is more of Google voice. Works great for me. Agreed that S Voice still needs work, but has come a long way.

Btw: you do know the stock Samsung keyboard has emoticons built in. You long press on the microphone key. I think this is great and so many other android peeps have been jealous. And like previous posters stated, there are other keyboards out there. I actually use "quick keyboard switch" to use/flip between stock/swype/swiftkey/slideit keyboards. That way I have a cool tool without going into the settings to switch.

On another note, at first I thought the camera stunk too. But I really played with the settings. Unchecked the smart stabilization and only use flash when you really need it. I also use Camera Zoom Fx a lot. It really does produce/aid in better pics with the Note 3.

In the end, to each their own. Everyone can sit here until they're blue in the face, to convince you to keep the Note 3. Only you can decide. But if you're making the jump to the S4, please understand it's basically the same camera and hardware. Just a smaller size phone with no spen. You might not be happy with it. Another big down fall, it's only 16GB and the operating system uses a big chunk of it. I know a valid common complaint of this in other forums & reviews on S4. Not much room left over. Yes, you have the external sd card, but only so much can be transferred over (besides the basic photos/music/etc).

Android is very customizable/changeable. Apple is very intuitive, as stable and standard.

I really do think you should consider going back to Apple.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

brick58

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I came from years on the iphone and love my s4! It did take some adjusting but many people here on the forum have helped me figure stuff out?I came to S4 for the bigger screen and am not sorry! Sometimes I wished I did get the note, I have a friend that came from iphone and he got the note 3 and loves it. It's to each his own, both phones are awesome, meaning apple and samsung in my opinion

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
How do fog get it to do a period? And don't you think it's ridiculous that it won't automatically start a new sentence with a capital letter? Seems silly on androids part. Just another example of my point I suppose.

I agree with this. It seems like messaging was an after thought to Samsung but after all, I don't text much.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Using S Voice might be part of the problem. I just use the microphone key on the keyboard for voice to text. Which I think is more of Google voice. Works great for me. Agreed that S Voice still needs work, but has come a long way.

Btw: you do know the stock Samsung keyboard has emoticons built in. You long press on the microphone key. I think this is great and so many other android peeps have been jealous. And like previous posters stated, there are other keyboards out there. I actually use "quick keyboard switch" to use/flip between stock/swype/swiftkey/slideit keyboards. That way I have a cool tool without going into the settings to switch.

On another note, at first I thought the camera stunk too. But I really played with the settings. Unchecked the smart stabilization and only use flash when you really need it. I also use Camera Zoom Fx a lot. It really does produce/aid in better pics with the Note 3.

In the end, to each their own. Everyone can sit here until they're blue in the face, to convince you to keep the Note 3. Only you can decide. But if you're making the jump to the S4, please understand it's basically the same camera and hardware. Just a smaller size phone with no spen. You might not be happy with it. Another big down fall, it's only 16GB and the operating system uses a big chunk of it. I know a valid common complaint of this in other forums & reviews on S4. Not much room left over. Yes, you have the external sd card, but only so much can be transferred over (besides the basic photos/music/etc).

Android is very customizable/changeable. Apple is very intuitive, as stable and standard.

I really do think you should consider going back to Apple.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! ������

Maybe if he changes the voice recognition in settings to Google instead of Samsung? I agree Svoice still needs work!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't like mine at the mo for s-pen and other disapointments, but I may sell more for cash/job issues otherwise I would stick with it a bit longer before I change to another.

I don't find the size a problem. Love the screen, sometimes wish it was bigger like a hi spec Mega 6.3!

I don't put it in my trousers at the mo but may want to on occasion when summer comes, and can only see it going in a back pocket. My junk for me not so much of a problem, but who wants a sudden pain.

I bought a Spigen Neo which I don't use as its too wide and slippery, (not if you leave the frame off but still uncomfortable) but great if dropped.
I would also buy a 'bounce' if I keep it.

I love my ?5.00 Terrapin flip-over case no bigger than phone, feels and looks great but I wouldn't want to drop it.

I bought mine sealed on eBay, not expecting my bid to win. Prices dropped a lot early December.

Don't forget eBay's 10% which is a pain when selling.

Sealed UK / Euro region unlocked are making c. ?430-440. Opened, 'new other' of same make ?380, +/- ?20.
So c. 330-350 around 21 PayPal days later.

Posted via Android Central App on Note 3

Last edited:

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have to say on my Droid Ultra, which is the Droid Maxx, referred to by Gadgetdude in his post, without the super battery, talk to text is flawless - including adding punctuation accurately. In fact the touchless features of this phone and the always listening Google Now features are fantastic. If you decide you want to stay with Android, all the Moto phones - the Moto X, Maxx, Ultra , Mini (might be good size for you along with the X) are fantastic phones. Only downside is the camera won't be like your iPhone, but it's certainly not bad. Every other feature is without equal, apologies to Samsung guys. (Of course just my preference.)

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a slight problem with the size of the phone as well. I have to wear a lab coat from time to time at my current position, and the lab coat has a pocket in the front. Trying to squeeze that phone into that pocket is like trying to breed a Great Dane and a Chihuahua.

That having been said, when I need to show someone a video, a website, an email, or anything else on my phone, the extra size makes up for the few times that I have trouble storing my phone. Also, when I need to remote desktop into ANY device, while it's not a 7" or 10" tablet, being able to do so with my phone (even though there are still some size limitations) is worth the extra size.

The iPhone is a great consumer device, but the utility I get from my Note 3 is worth more to me than any features on the iPhone. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Please answer me this...are you all able to speak to the phone and get it to correctly write a text or email with punctuality?

With my Moto X asleep. I can send a text, get current weather, make phone calls, browse the web, set alarms, set and use navigation, and lots more. And yes all this starting with my device asleep and not in my hand.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Why do so many people believe the iPhone is sooo superior in taking photos??? Look at my thread here and you be the judge. You want to see some low light photos from the ALMIGHTY iPhone 5s??? Look at my post here.

As far as text to speech goes, I have not seen any better than Google's. Are you just tapping the mic when you are trying to send a text message through voice?

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, between the 10% fee for selling on eBay and the 2.9% on Paypal, that's 13% gone. To sell a phone for $600, that's another $80 in fees and perhaps shipping if you offer free shipping.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Why do so many people believe the iPhone is sooo superior in taking photos??? Look at my thread here and you be the judge. You want to see some low light photos from the ALMIGHTY iPhone 5s??? Look at my post here.

As far as text to speech goes, I have not seen any better than Google's. Are you just tapping the mic when you are trying to send a text message through voice?

Why do you continue to insist that your bad iPhone shots are proof of anything other than bad technique? I've seen some far better shots randomly searching images in Google.

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I thought I would get used to the size but I didn't. It feels way to big in my pocket. How do you guys handle that?

And never used the s-pen. At first, I thought I would use it all the time but I found taking it out was just too cumbersome.

Dejavu for me. I got the S3 when it came out in 2012, then replaced it with the Note 2 when it came out later that year. I was seduced by the larger screen and the s pen. Yup, never got used to the size and never used the s pen.

Since it couldn't fit in any pocket, it stayed in my murse all the time and disdained taking it out. So when the Note 2 started with its random reboots and the S4 came out in May last year, I knew what to do....

The S4 is the right size for me. Anything bigger will just end up being too cumbersome.

When the S5 comes out, that's going to be my next upgrade, or perhaps just wait for the S6 when my contract ends by then....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
For me I switched from a iPhone 5 to the note 3. I couldn't be happier. At first I was a little taken back by the size. My wife poked fun at me. But after a week or so I was in heaven. I love my note.

Not saying I won't switch later on but for now there's not another phone I want. This beast is the most versatile phone I have found.

Rockin my Note 3

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Voice text has been simply amazing with this phone,, best yet for me.. You want a period you say "period". In fact, this whole comment was done with voice to text.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Turns out that it's swype that has problems with capital letters. The stock keyboard has no such problems. I just switched over and did this with voice. Capital letters came through just fine.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Really didnt like s-voice b/c it seemed like it would only pick up about 1/2 of what i said. Moto assist and GEL is as close to siri as ive gotten. Try selling your N3 on swappa.