Sick of the size of the phone. Want to sell or trade

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sick of the size of this phone. Really wish I got the S4. The good thing is that I just received a brand new note from At&t today as a replacement of my previous note 3 that started acting haywire. It's brand new in the sealed box. I figured this is an excellent time to sell it outright or trade it for a S4 plus cash.

I'm hoping to get $600 if I sell it outright, unless you think it's worth more.

I'm done with the whole "phablet" thing. I think the phone is way to bug to be useful/handy and I do think the camera sucks. After ever pic I take it says "processing" for a few seconds. What gives?! My iPhone never did that. There goes rapid pics of the baby. I might even be done with samsung all together.

Posted via Android Central App

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
The reason it says that is because Smart Stabilization is on and it is determining it is a low light scene. It is essentially taking 3 pics and putting them together and is why you get the processing message. If you turn that off, you will no longer see processing after you take a photo.

If you're done with your Note 3/Samsung all together that is a different story.

Cheers!

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I thought I would get used to the size but I didn't. It feels way to big in my pocket. How do you guys handle that?

And never used the s-pen. At first, I thought I would use it all the time but I found taking it out was just too cumbersome.

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Gee, thanks for sharing....

Isn't there a market place for this?

No problem ;)

And no thanks to the marketplace. I sell my phones on ebay and have always sold them without a problem. Sold my iPhone 5 for 400 just 2 months ago.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It feels fine size wise for me but that won't be the case for all.
Sounds like you were an iPhone person so coming from that to a Note is one extreme to the other.

Simply sell on Craigs list if you can.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
How long have you had the phone? Did you come from an iPhone? Are you having trouble adjusting?

I had the note since November. Att sent me a new one this week because that one started acting crazy.

Yes, I had an iPhone 4 and then a 5 most recently. And adjusting has been a royal pain...still is. I think the apple OS is so much more user friendly and intuitive.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I think that is more of the problem for most iPhone converts, ADJUSTING. But Android is VERY intuitive and user friendly, you just have to want to use it.

What type of issues/questions do you have concerning the phone/Android?

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
My biggest issue is the shear size of the phone. Even with the slimmest case the phone is too big. I have no idea how people use Otterboxes!

My phone was apparently quirky and had to be replaced. I find the keyboard thing annoying. There isn't one that gives you a good keyboard with emoticons. Choice isn't always a good thing, as is the case for the keyboards.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
My biggest issue is the shear size of the phone. Even with the slimmest case the phone is too big. I have no idea how people use Otterboxes!

My phone was apparently quirky and had to be replaced. I find the keyboard thing annoying. There isn't one that gives you a good keyboard with emoticons. Choice isn't always a good thing, as is the case for the keyboards.

If you aren't happy with Android, my recommendation would be for you to trade your phone for a 5s. Unfortunately, you will still have the same issue with emoticons/keyboards switching to the S4. Have you tried Textra or GO SMS, as you can download emoji packs alongside them.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Anything smaller seems like a toy to me now. I was actually disappointed the note 3 was not a bit bigger but for the record,, because how thin it is, fits in my pocket better than any smart phone I have had.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Greg Wilkins

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I thought I would get used to the size but I didn't. It feels way to big in my pocket. How do you guys handle that?

And never used the s-pen. At first, I thought I would use it all the time but I found taking it out was just too cumbersome.

Do you wear skinny jeans? Some times I have to reach in my pocket to seed if it's there! This phone is not big at all! Actually wish it was bigger, already I know there's plenty of room in my pocket for a bigger phone!

Posted via AC App via note 3

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
$200? No need to be a jerk. Not cool.
Go away Mr 1-post calling others names...I was joking before - but not in this post. Your 1st post and you start name calling here? Did you join just to troll or do you have anything useful to add? Do you even own a Note 3 or know what they look like?

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Bummer that you feel that the note 3 is cumbersome and in general a pain.

I came from the iPhone 4S and I really enjoy the size of my phone. I like not having to zoom into Web pages then scroll left and right to read the whole page.

I like the keyboard - I don't see it differing much in its functions vs the iPhone ..one thing I do like is that my fingers fit the keys on the note better! I got tired of constantly hitting the wrong letter etc.

I have had my problems with the note (spam, then my bf cracking my screen, argh) but to me each system and phone individually are going to have flaws/problems and people who hate different things.

I didn't feel there was a big jump going from the iPhone to note 3, just took a little while to figure out how things work, and how to personalize it to me.

I do agree with the comments above that say to perhaps switch to the iPhone 5 as opposed to another android. It seems like you were happier with an apple than android product.

Lastly, if you are selling on ebay check to see what note 3s in the same condition (sealed in the box) have sold for and that may give you a better idea of what you should list yours at.

Sarks.