Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sick of the size of the phone. Want to sell or trade

I'm pretty sick of the size of this phone. Really wish I got the S4. The good thing is that I just received a brand new note from At&t today as a replacement of my previous note 3 that started acting haywire. It's brand new in the sealed box. I figured this is an excellent time to sell it outright or trade it for a S4 plus cash.

I'm hoping to get $600 if I sell it outright, unless you think it's worth more.

I'm done with the whole "phablet" thing. I think the phone is way to bug to be useful/handy and I do think the camera sucks. After ever pic I take it says "processing" for a few seconds. What gives?! My iPhone never did that. There goes rapid pics of the baby. I might even be done with samsung all together.

Posted via Android Central App
    Oofa likes this.

Default Re: Sick of the size of the phone. Want to sell or trade

Gee, thanks for sharing....

Isn't there a market place for this?
    boudicca00 likes this.

The reason it says that is because Smart Stabilization is on and it is determining it is a low light scene. It is essentially taking 3 pics and putting them together and is why you get the processing message. If you turn that off, you will no longer see processing after you take a photo.

If you're done with your Note 3/Samsung all together that is a different story.

Cheers!
    Thanked by:
    F350-6 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I thought I would get used to the size but I didn't. It feels way to big in my pocket. How do you guys handle that?

And never used the s-pen. At first, I thought I would use it all the time but I found taking it out was just too cumbersome.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Deke218 View Post
    Gee, thanks for sharing....

Isn't there a market place for this?
    No problem

And no thanks to the marketplace. I sell my phones on ebay and have always sold them without a problem. Sold my iPhone 5 for 400 just 2 months ago.

It feels fine size wise for me but that won't be the case for all.
    Sounds like you were an iPhone person so coming from that to a Note is one extreme to the other.

Simply sell on Craigs list if you can.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    geekymcfly likes this.

How long have you had the phone? Did you come from an iPhone? Are you having trouble adjusting?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    How long have you had the phone? Did you come from an iPhone? Are you having trouble adjusting?
    I had the note since November. Att sent me a new one this week because that one started acting crazy.

Yes, I had an iPhone 4 and then a 5 most recently. And adjusting has been a royal pain...still is. I think the apple OS is so much more user friendly and intuitive.

I think that is more of the problem for most iPhone converts, ADJUSTING. But Android is VERY intuitive and user friendly, you just have to want to use it.

What type of issues/questions do you have concerning the phone/Android?
    Gator352, geekymcfly and tr-1 like this.

To each their own. I hold iPhones now and feel silly at how small the thing is.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by heyjohnnybravo View Post
    To each their own. I hold iPhones now and feel silly at how small the thing is.

Sometimes I get my wife's S4 and can't believe how small it feels!
    tr-1 and rvhs03 like this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

My biggest issue is the shear size of the phone. Even with the slimmest case the phone is too big. I have no idea how people use Otterboxes!

My phone was apparently quirky and had to be replaced. I find the keyboard thing annoying. There isn't one that gives you a good keyboard with emoticons. Choice isn't always a good thing, as is the case for the keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharma Jairam View Post
    My biggest issue is the shear size of the phone. Even with the slimmest case the phone is too big. I have no idea how people use Otterboxes!

My phone was apparently quirky and had to be replaced. I find the keyboard thing annoying. There isn't one that gives you a good keyboard with emoticons. Choice isn't always a good thing, as is the case for the keyboards.

If you aren't happy with Android, my recommendation would be for you to trade your phone for a 5s. Unfortunately, you will still have the same issue with emoticons/keyboards switching to the S4. Have you tried Textra or GO SMS, as you can download emoji packs alongside them.

Anything smaller seems like a toy to me now. I was actually disappointed the note 3 was not a bit bigger but for the record,, because how thin it is, fits in my pocket better than any smart phone I have had.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by 3:
    Uncle Louie, tr-1 and Rick Bell like this.
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,065 Global Posts

I'll give ya $200 for it, but you gotta send it to me unlocked!
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    I'll give ya $200 for it, but you gotta send it to me unlocked!
    Come on. He wants $600.00 for it. Don't be so cheap. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

$200? No need to be a jerk. Not cool.
    Thanked by 4:
    Oofa and crivera7836 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharma Jairam View Post
    I thought I would get used to the size but I didn't. It feels way to big in my pocket. How do you guys handle that?

And never used the s-pen. At first, I thought I would use it all the time but I found taking it out was just too cumbersome.

Do you wear skinny jeans? Some times I have to reach in my pocket to seed if it's there! This phone is not big at all! Actually wish it was bigger, already I know there's plenty of room in my pocket for a bigger phone!

Posted via AC App via note 3
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,065 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tellitlikeitis View Post
    $200? No need to be a jerk. Not cool.
    Go away Mr 1-post calling others names...I was joking before - but not in this post. Your 1st post and you start name calling here? Did you join just to troll or do you have anything useful to add? Do you even own a Note 3 or know what they look like?
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
    sloan31 and kj11 like this.

Bummer that you feel that the note 3 is cumbersome and in general a pain.

I came from the iPhone 4S and I really enjoy the size of my phone. I like not having to zoom into Web pages then scroll left and right to read the whole page.

I like the keyboard - I don't see it differing much in its functions vs the iPhone ..one thing I do like is that my fingers fit the keys on the note better! I got tired of constantly hitting the wrong letter etc.

I have had my problems with the note (spam, then my bf cracking my screen, argh) but to me each system and phone individually are going to have flaws/problems and people who hate different things.

I didn't feel there was a big jump going from the iPhone to note 3, just took a little while to figure out how things work, and how to personalize it to me.

I do agree with the comments above that say to perhaps switch to the iPhone 5 as opposed to another android. It seems like you were happier with an apple than android product.

Lastly, if you are selling on ebay check to see what note 3s in the same condition (sealed in the box) have sold for and that may give you a better idea of what you should list yours at.

Sarks.

I too thought that it might be too big.

Uh uh. Feels just right. At first I was worried. But it took me about a day to realize that it wasn't bad at all.

That's not to say that this will be the case for you, of course. But it feels natural to me. In fact, it feels like I'm LESS likely to drop it. It's got a nice balance even though it's a touch taller than my shirt pocket. No biggie, my jacket covers it and I barely feel it in my pants pocket when I stick it in there.

But we're all different, I suppose.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

I tried 3 different cases including the Spigen Neo Hybrid. The case I currently have is thinner than that and it makes the phone too thick. I went to the store yesterday and held a Note 3 on display. I like the feel of it naked, but I'd be way to worried about dropping it to tote it around naked.

And for the record, I am far from wearing skinny jeans...not even close. I have no idea how some posters can say they have to check to see if it's there in their pocket. Seems like a brick to me.

And aside from the camera processing, I honestly think the 8 megapixel iPhone 5 takes clearer pics than the note. Maybe I had too high expectations of the 13 mp camera on the note.

Do you guys actually use the s-pen?

I use the s-pen on occasion. Not all of the time.

And I rarely stick it in my pants pocket but when I do, I don't notice it any more than I did with my Droid Razr.

I use the Spigen Bounce. It's like a second skin. Adds very little bulk. And I like the sharp angles on the edges. Feels nice.

Having said all that, I've never had an IPhone. But then again, everyone I've known with one has had a cracked screen at least once. Plus, it's like a postage stamp, even compared to the Razr. I wonder if the pictures look better in general because of the smaller screen. That probably has a little to do with it, although I recognize that the iPhone has a well-designed camera.

I dunno. I don't like the feel of it naked. I need just a little more bulk. It's a balance, proportion, and grip thing. The Bounce is perfect for my needs (plus I have a flex-glass protector).
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast