Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: Sim Unlocked, Rooted

My phone(Note3) was sim locked on a specific network and i brought it to a technician to unlock it. He didn't mention anything about rooting my phone to sim unlock it. Is it okay? I need your opinions. Thank you! :-)

Global Posts
    4,373 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Default Re: Sim Unlocked, Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by marktika View Post
    My phone(Note3) was sim locked on a specific network and i brought it to a technician to unlock it. He didn't mention anything about rooting my phone to sim unlock it. Is it okay? I need your opinions. Thank you! :-)
    I don't know why it is rooted. That voids your warranty. Generally, that isn't needed. and I'm quite interested as to why he felt rooting was necessary. The main thing would be the functionality of the phone and how it affects it. There should be no difference. You are fine.
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    I don't know why it is rooted. That voids your warranty. Generally, that isn't needed. and I'm quite interested as to why he felt rooting was necessary. The main thing would be the functionality of the phone and how it affects it. There should be no difference. You are fine.
    What are other methods to sim unlock? Also, is it possible to unroot a phone and what happens to my phone when its rooted? :-) pls reply thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,373 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

What are other methods to sim unlock? Also, is it possible to unroot a phone and what happens to my phone when its rooted? :-) pls reply thanks!

Why would you look for other methods if you are already unlocked? Depending on your network (say AT&T for example), you can call them and they'll unlock your phone for you. What Superuser permissions manager did he flash? Is it SuperSU or Superuser? Rooting means you gain more access to the android system (sort of like an administrator).
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Why would you look for other methods if you are already unlocked? Depending on your network (say AT&T for example), you can call them and they'll unlock your phone for you. What Superuser permissions manager did he flash? Is it SuperSU or Superuser? Rooting means you gain more access to the android system (sort of like an administrator).
    I just want to know. :-) its SuperSU, why? are there disadvantages of getting ur phone rooted? And can it get unrooted back?

Global Posts
    4,373 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

I just want to know. :-) its SuperSU, why? are there disadvantages of getting ur phone rooted? And can it get unrooted back?

If you go to the settings in SuperSU, there is an option to do a full unroot if you want. The only disadvantage of rooting is that it voids your warranty. Other than that, the benefits of rooting do not show until you start using apps that require root access :] Would you like a list of apps so you get an idea of what you can use with root?

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

If you go to the settings in SuperSU, there is an option to do a full unroot if you want. The only disadvantage of rooting is that it voids your warranty. Other than that, the benefits of rooting do not show until you start using apps that require root access :] Would you like a list of apps so you get an idea of what you can use with root?

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    Sure thing! :-) thanks! Bear with me. Im knid of not familiar with this root thing and a little worried about it cause my previous GS2 was broken because of rooting i guess.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Default Re: Note 3: Sim Unlocked, Rooted

Up

There are 2 types of unlock available for the note 3- free one which is done through rooting the phone. And paid method where you don't need to root.

Rooting the N3 voids warranty so avoid if you want to claim warranty. Paid unlocks cost about $25 though.

Sent from my HTC One

If you're considering rooting, try this. Worked for me. I'm on an AT&T SM-900A with the MI9 build.

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3