1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I do this?

I've been tinkering with this for a while but can't get it quite right. Here's what I currently do and what I'd like to do on my phone:

Current: Take notes on the weekly church bulletin and put it in a binder seperated by tabs denoting series title. Effective, yes, but I think having all of this information on my phone would make it much easier to find and more handy.

Here's what I'd like to do:
    - Take a picture of the bulletin and save it, then be able to attach that picture either to an S Note which would allow me to add my notes, verses, etc. Within this note I'd like to be able to link a verse and have it either go to it on bible.com or open the app and display it. Then I'd like to save that note with the date/series name and send it to scrapbook where all the weekly messages will be nice and ordered by date/series title. Here is the problem I'm running into:

When saving as S Note, my problem is creating a link within that S Note that sends me to that verse on either bible.com or the app on my phone. Every time I try to copy and paste or heaven forbid try the copy/paste function within multi-window it all gets pasted jumbled and awful looking. Also, it all looks terrible if I try to do it on 1 page. Maybe I need to do 1 page that has the picture, another that has my notes, and another that has the linked verses?

Am I going about this wrong, or am I crazy in thinking this is even possible? It sure would be nice to have everything saved and in one central location on my phone I coild readily access.

Thanks a ton

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: How do I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by dropnbassonu View Post
    I've been tinkering with this for a while but can't get it quite right. Here's what I currently do and what I'd like to do on my phone:

Current: Take notes on the weekly church bulletin and put it in a binder seperated by tabs denoting series title. Effective, yes, but I think having all of this information on my phone would make it much easier to find and more handy.

Here's what I'd like to do:
    - Take a picture of the bulletin and save it, then be able to attach that picture either to an S Note which would allow me to add my notes, verses, etc. Within this note I'd like to be able to link a verse and have it either go to it on bible.com or open the app and display it. Then I'd like to save that note with the date/series name and send it to scrapbook where all the weekly messages will be nice and ordered by date/series title. Here is the problem I'm running into:

When saving as S Note, my problem is creating a link within that S Note that sends me to that verse on either bible.com or the app on my phone. Every time I try to copy and paste or heaven forbid try the copy/paste function within multi-window it all gets pasted jumbled and awful looking. Also, it all looks terrible if I try to do it on 1 page. Maybe I need to do 1 page that has the picture, another that has my notes, and another that has the linked verses?

Am I going about this wrong, or am I crazy in thinking this is even possible? It sure would be nice to have everything saved and in one central location on my phone I coild readily access.

Thanks a ton

I don't think you and make the actual picture in the link. You can paste it underneath the picture and make it a link by turning it into a PDF. You should also try out Evernote. It might help.

It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

I'll second Evernote.

--
    Somebody, somewhere, right now is stuffing Twinkies in their shorts.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Bump, tried Evernote, papyrus, and lecture notes to no avail..... The main issue seems to be linking a verse to open the app or website, most of the rest seems like I can make it work

From the Lecture Note help file: To attach a keyword to a notebook page, select Index page X (where X indicates the current page) in the main menu; keywords starting with file://, , or will be interpreted as URI and can serve as links to external sources.

Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g