N9005ZWEBTU
N9005ZIEITV
N9005ZKEITV
N9005ZWEITV
N9005ZKEPHE
N9005ZKEDBT
N9005ZWEPHN
N9005ZKEPHN
I know that they are somehow related to the regions but I don't know exactly how.
I have a few questions:
1) What are the differences?
2) Are these hardware or software differences?
3) Once rooted, will these MPN models become all the same?
4) Are the frequencies and basebands the same?

Thanks!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi to everyone!
I have questions related to MPN models:
N9005ZKEXSI
N9005ZKEBTU
N9005ZWEBTU
N9005ZIEITV
N9005ZKEITV
N9005ZWEITV
N9005ZKEPHE
N9005ZKEDBT
N9005ZWEPHN
N9005ZKEPHN
I know that they are somehow related to the regions but I don't know exactly how.
I have a few questions:
1) What are the differences?
2) Are these hardware or software differences?
3) Once rooted, will these MPN models become all the same?
4) Are the frequencies and basebands the same?

Thanks!
1. Very minimal. Some have different CPU's. They're probably for different carriers.

2. Software-wise, it is still TouchWiz + what ever the carrier felt like putting on the phone. Hardware wise, some use Qualcomm processors while others use the Exynos Processor. The Qualcomm version is for markets with LTE while the rest get the Exynos Processor.

Samsung GALAXY Note 3 (LTE) | Snapdragon Powered Smartphones | Snapdragon

Galaxy Note 3 - 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, NFC, 13MP, 5.7“ FHD, 2.3GHz - Samsung UK - TECH SPECS

3. They will be like any other rooted phone. A phone with root access.

4. The Exynos does not support LTE natively whereas the Qualcomm does. Therefore, some bands might be different depending on the phone.

Hi, thanks for helping me!
Some have different CPU's.
I don't think so because the model N9005 is how Samsung defines its LTE/4G, international version. So, as you say, if all LTE versions use Snapdragon Qualcomm, then all N9005 (all these MPN) will have the same CPPU.

I checked these links, thanks for posting them, but I cannot find any explanation about MPN model differences.

3. They will be like any other rooted phone. A phone with root access.
Yes, I know. But will they be all the same amongst them?

I will appreciate any clarification, if you can! Thanks!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for helping me!

I don't think so because the model N9005 is how Samsung defines its LTE/4G, international version. So, as you say, if all LTE versions use Snapdragon Qualcomm, then all N9005 (all these MPN) will have the same CPPU.

I checked these links, thanks for posting them, but I cannot find any explanation about MPN model differences.

Yes, I know. But will they be all the same amongst them?

I will appreciate any clarification, if you can! Thanks!

Qualcomm uses LTE built in. Exynos does not have it natively I believe. So Qualcomm is more common in LTE variants. There are Note 3's with different CPU's.

Yes root will be the same on all of them.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hmm! I am sure all the UK N9005's I looked at on eBay and Amazon here were ZWEBTU's, so Euro Region. I thought I would see it in my About Device screen. Not there, but maybe MPN's are found elsewhere.

Posted via Android Central App on Note 3