Is your months old N3 slowing down?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. Mine is 4 weeks old.

I have just been reading threads and reviews of other phones I had considered.

I put a post questioning why a lot of ram is in use. That's mostly put to bed. It's not an issue on Android (or is it?)

Also following the mega data usage thread of US users.

Will any good spec phone be more impressively quick in a store display, and the first few months of use?

How are the N3's of you guys after 1000+ gb of downloads?

You will always read early personal reviews saying it runs great (eg the lowish spec Samsung Mega 6.3).

The 3gb ram thread contributors explained very well that newer Android devices manage RAM, apps and other factors very efficiently.

What's been your experience of a very high use Note 3.

Not being a scare monger. Just curious.

What could I expect in the future?

Posted via Android Central App on Note 3

Last edited:

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Had mine since a few days after release in October. Still buttery smooth. Got a ton of pics and music saved internally. No problem. 100ish apps, nova launcher, everything runs like day 1.

Posted via Android Central App

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The 3 month slowdown thing is from the older versions of Android. It was rectified long ago. No worries.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Over 16gb of stuff, hundreds of apps, very heavy user, lots of international travel, constantly switching sim cards and carriers - performs same as it did on day 1.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The interim result of this scientific survey is as follows:

Slowdowns - Nil

As Day 1's - 7

Now what are these figures trying to teach us?

Is there a pattern forming here?

I will make a wild guess at this early stage here (and feel free to correct me):

The Note 3 does not slow down with heavy use?

---------------------------------------------------
Some of you had your N3 from the first day of release, or near enough.

You knew you wanted this big boy!

Thanks a lot for posting.

Any dissenters out there? Probably not.

Posted via Android Central App on Note 3

Last edited:

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I will actually resurrect this thread - after the nearly 2 months which passed since my post, I now started experiencing slowdowns. No particular culprit - nothing new installed, various caches cleared, plenty of free space.

The solution is simple, but annoying - a master reset and reinstall of stuff.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Older versions of android didn't use the TRIM command which is a garbage collection algorithm that deletes garbage off the nand flash in idle times so it won't slow down. Google incorporated it in 4.1 but others started including it in 4.3 as standard keeping nand flash fresh and running at full speed.

There are other variables that will slow down a phone also. which include services you have running. The more ram being used by running services will most certaintly slow down a phone. If you have dropbox, box, google+, facebook, twitter, google photos, a weather app, google keep, lookout, and push mail all syncing, there are times when your phone is going to choke and feel like it's slowing down. It's no different than a PC.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I find is laggy, is when you switch to an app and have to wait for the keyboard to pop up. I use swiftkey and maybe it's due to that, but otherwise, the device is quick; as quick as it was on day 1.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Just as quick as day one and I have 100+ apps, Music, Film & pics. I am rooted and I have flashed a custom rom with Samsung Apps removed or atleast ones that I don't use. Can't pinpoint anywhere were it lags or holds.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
No complaints here. I'm a day 1 girl and especially after KK, it's snappier than ever. I do a reboot every few days, clear dalvik once a week, clean up unused apps and organize and delete unneeded files monthly. I've always done those things and haven't had any problems on any Android phone, respective of its specs. (NS4G was slower than the Gnex, and Gnex slower than the Note 2 etc) I have no complaints of speed or slowing on this device. 👍

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
No kitkat love for us in the Great White North. I can obviously do it manually, but why bother :)

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781