Texts messages show up in wrong order

Gurj B

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I seem to be getting this annoying problem when someone sends me a text message and I reply as soon as I get it my message appears above their text I recieved so as if I responded to them first. It bothers me because it makes the text messages difficult to understand for future cases. Could this be my phone or carrier? I usually have 3-5bars

Thanks in advance!

Samsung Note 3

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I've got brain block at the moment, but do you mean the texts are showing with the original one sent at the top and the latest one at the bottom?

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
An annoyance on my end, although I'm not sure it's what you are referring to is that when I get an alert for a new message, when I go to check the message it does not automatically go to the new message but rather goes to my last message...annoying.

Gavin S.

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
An annoyance on my end, although I'm not sure it's what you are referring to is that when I get an alert for a new message, when I go to check the message it does not automatically go to the new message but rather goes to my last message...annoying.
I don't know if this is what the OP is referring to but it sure as hell is annoying. I can't tell you how many times I've responded to the wrong person in these cases. I'll see the preview and know what's in it and then open msg to reply and there you go. It's a good thing I'm not cheating on a spouse or some such because I'd have been busted for it by now because of this.

Gurj B

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I mean like when someone sends text message and you go to reply for some reason it shows up as if I sent my reply before I got that persons text message in the convo text

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I mean like when someone sends text message and you go to reply for some reason it shows up as if I sent my reply before I got that persons text message in the convo text

Is your phone has the right time and /or zone on it??????

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Gurj B

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Oh the automatic network time zone was not checked off instead just a manual input for time was selected could that be the reason ?

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes if the time or zone is wrong it would do that. You either can used automatic or manual time. It has to be the right time

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

JmChasteen

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I and my partner have also been having this same problem. The text messages are grouping by sender, not by the order in which they are sent. All sent texts are grouping together at the top, all received texts are grouping at the bottom. Very difficult to follow a conversation when I have to scroll up past 25 received messages (accumulated over the course of 2 days time) to see the text I just sent two minutes earlier. -_- and our clocks and alarms have been going crazy as well... but that's a whole other forum I suppose...

Posted via Android Central App

DG4

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been having the same problem lately. I took GredoShotFirst's suggestion. Sent myself a text. It's where it ought to be. Had Hubby send one & it's in the right place too.

Yea! Thanks Gredo...

Now more is right with the world. ~/€:)

cidmor

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am searching for the same kind of answers. This is a little different though...but the same :)
My 2 daughters, lets call them 1 & 2 both have Iphone and I have a galaxy 3s. On the messaging, when I msg with either 1 of them the messages come thru correct. But when we are on a 3 way group, mine and daughter 1 is ok, but on my phone daughter 2 msgs show up above ( this doesn't happen with either of the daughters...just me) . I have to scroll way up to find her text. This is only on the 1 daughter. They are dated like 16 hours before. I've downloaded the sms time fix app, didn't work. Been trying any of the time date time zone things and nothing is working. Can't figure out why it is only happening on 1 of my kids text and not both. Shaking my head....crazy. Thanks for the help!!!

Jizbeano1

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much with the answer, it fixed my phone!! was also driving me crazy needing to clean out all my texts just to see what was recently sent..If I could vote this up I would

DG4

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Again, thanks for the hot tip, GredoShotFirst. How would you like us to abreviate your name, if we may?

This seems to be an issue every time the phone powers down or an app takes control for an update. It's a somewhat annoying little quirk but fixed easily enough.

Happy Easter to those who observe the Holiday. ☀🐰🐣

imkjr

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I am having the text message grouping all the sent messages then all incoming ........ I went to the date and time setting but nothing was checked there any other ideas ?

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I am having the text message grouping all the sent messages then all incoming ........ I went to the date and time setting but nothing was checked there any other ideas ?

Messages app sorts all conversation by time and date it was sent and received. So the incoming messages are time stamped by the server (not your phone), texts u send are time stamped by your phone based on the time and date your phone thinks it is.

In settings make sure that your phone sets its time and date automatically. (Based on the server). Should be check box in settings next to the words "set time and date automatically." Make sure it is checked. If it is already checked, uncheck it, wait 2 seconds then re check the box.

Posted via Android Central App

Nancy Garrison

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same problem with my husband and my daughter's texts, and I think it's because my phone is behind by one minute on the time. I'm going to check what his settings are, and have mine match his.