Note 3 or iPhone 5s camera?

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I hate the camera on this phone. Luckily, it's the only thing I hate about this phone. I use my husband's iPhone 5 to take pictures when we're out.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to find out which one takes better pictures also because I was thinking about trading for iPhone 5s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is a debate that will be pure opinion with no end in sight.

Some swear by Note.. Some swear by the iPhone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the camp of love the phone and only meh on the camera. I know it supposedly does 3 images, then processes those images and then picks the best image (which is why you get that silly message for a few secs about "processing"), but how about just producing the best pic the first time? iPhone 5 was truly point and click and always took great pics for me. Also noticed that if the camera moves even just a little, the image is completely blurred.

It's also less intuitive for me to simply take a pic and then send it via email or text to a friend. Same for scrapbook. I always have to go through some convoluted process.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If I changed to a 5s, never having used Apple, and my default computer is currently a recent fair spec Windows 7 (intel 4000 graphics) feeding a decent resolution 20" screen (soon to update) will I be more impressed with the 5s camera in general, as this is how I will mainly view my shots?

Posted via Android Central App

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the camp of love the phone and only meh on the camera. I know it supposedly does 3 images, then processes those images and then picks the best image (which is why you get that silly message for a few secs about "processing"), but how about just producing the best pic the first time? iPhone 5 was truly point and click and always took great pics for me. Also noticed that if the camera moves even just a little, the image is completely blurred.

It's also less intuitive for me to simply take a pic and then send it via email or text to a friend. Same for scrapbook. I always have to go through some convoluted process.

Less intuitive to email or text. You're kidding right??

Both will take excellent pictures when outdoors/sunny and so so picture when there is low light.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Cameras on phones will always be a matter of opinion. If you want great pictures invest in a DSLR Camera. If you don't care about too much quality go with a camera on your phone. I love the photos either way because I'm not setting my expectations to STUNNING photography as what it seems like with these threads regarding picture quality... check here for some comparisons regarding both cameras..

Note 3 vs iPhone 5s camera

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Cameras on phones will always be a matter of opinion. If you want great pictures invest in a DSLR Camera. If you don't care about too much quality go with a camera on your phone. I love the photos either way because I'm not setting my expectations to STUNNING photography as what it seems like with these threads regarding picture quality... check here for some comparisons regarding both cameras..

I agree. I was just curious how good the 5s is.
If you are serious, get a serious camera.

My last camera was 4mp. Phone cameras are good enough for scenic landscapes you visit, location potraits etc. They view well on a good pc screen.
Night and zoom features won't be as good, and print blow ups, though they have the resolution, I don?t know, will be lacking for the trained eye.

'S all I know.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I agree. I was just curious how good the 5s is.
If you are serious, get a serious camera.

My last camera was 4mp. Phone cameras are good enough for scenic landscapes you visit, location potraits etc. They view well on a good pc screen.
Night and zoom features won't be as good, and print blow ups, though they have the resolution, I don’t know, will be lacking for the trained eye.

'S all I know.

DING DING DING! We have some winners. This is the truth 10000%.

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Less intuitive to email or text. You're kidding right??

Both will take excellent pictures when outdoors/sunny and so

so picture when there is low light.

Probably right on comment abt both phones are pretty intuitive but why can't such a sophisticated phone take decent low light pics?? Most of my pics are in low light.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Probably right on comment abt both phones are pretty intuitive but why can't such a sophisticated phone take decent low light pics?? Most of my pics are in low light.

Are you trying to take with or without the flash?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
This is a debate that will be pure opinion with no end in sight.

Some swear by Note.. Some swear by the iPhone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I think the iphone probably does a better job out of the box, but if one is willing to tinker, the note 3 can keep up with the iphone imho.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My friends 5s does get pics off faster with better auto focusing than my note.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12