Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen turns off when AirGesture sensor is covered

Hi, having an issue with my new Note 3.

Whenever something is within 3cm of the AirGesture sensor, the screen turns off. It stays off until I uncover it. A finger or stylus will trigger this.

This happens to me accidentally, repeatedly, every time I type anything (in landscape mode in particular)

Wondering if there's some setting, somewhere that will fix this? It's happened about 8 times so far while writing this message and I just hate it.

If anyone has similar experiences, or knows which setting I need to turn off, that would be so helpful.

Notes, in case they are useful:
    - phone is from Allohones in Australia. As I understand, they don't install custom software, so I should be on pure TouchWiz.
    - phone isn't rooted.
    - Disabled features in Settings: Air Gestures, Motions, Palm Motions, Smart screen.
    - I don't have any sort of case or cover.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Default Re: Screen turns off when AirGesture sensor is covered

When did you notice this happening for the first time? There maybe an app you have conflicting with the air gesture sensor.... its tedious but I would remove each app one by one and test to see if the problem persists, starting with your most recently installed apps...a lot of people will suggest a factory reset, but that doesn't always help because of the problem is with one of your apps they all get automatically reinstalled and you will never find the cause...

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom

Default Re: Screen turns off when AirGesture sensor is covered

Just note that your proximity sensor is right next to it which is most likely the culprit of your screen turning off because that is what the proximity sensor is for.

There are two "holes" next to each other. The left one is your Proximity / Light sensor and right next to it is your Air Gesture Motion sensor.
    Do not question the words I type, question the reply you are typing at this moment...