Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,281 Global Posts

Default Lost PIN

I changed my PIN a few hours ago, but for some reason, the new PIN doesn't work. Either I didn't enter it the way I think I did, or something went wrong. Either way, I'm locked out.

I tried through device manager to lock and erase, because I was under the impression that I could change my PIN there, but it doesn't see the phone. Phone has full WiFi and Mobile network connection, but GPS isn't enabled.

I can obviously do a wipe to factory settings at the boot screen, but will that also remove the PIN? I don't want to go through the pain of a full reinstall only to find out that the PIN is still active. I'd rather screw with entering the PIN 500 more times if that's the case.

Also, please don't tell me that I will get a "forgot" PIN screen, because I know that feature doesn't exist for PIN lock, or isn't in 4.3. I have entered the wrong PIN 100 times already.

At the trolls: If you're going to bother or accuse me of stealing this phone, go elsewhere. This is my device and I have thousands of posts in this community, so think before you post spew.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.

Default Re: Lost PIN

That's a bummer. Are you talking about the pin to lock your device?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Have you tried the old pin? Just in case it did not registered the new one

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

You tried Android device manager?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,281 Global Posts

Yup, and I had it disabled on the device. So, took me about 90 minutes to reset and get back to it's current state. Android by default, reinstalls all of the previously installed apps automatically. So, once that was done, I had to go in and configure the apps, like mail clients, BBM, and bunch of other apps. I wish there was a way to backup the device so I wouldn't have to do it, but all is good and up and running now!

I turned the Android device manager on now and tested it from the Web to ensure I could lock and change the PIN remotely. All working now and I'm back up and running. What a pain. I wish I hadn't disabled the Android device manager on the device...but, I digress...LOL

Thanks for the replies though! Oh, and reset does wipe it and remove PINS/ Passwords etc...just in case anyone was wondering!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ikdutta.backup Helium is your answer for backing up without root!

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,281 Global Posts

You have a Z06?

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    You have a Z06?
    Had... a bunch of em actually. My last one was a C6 Vert' but at the moment I don't have one.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,281 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    Had... a bunch of em actually. My last one was a C6 Vert' but at the moment I don't have one.
    I just tore down my '08 Z. Did a complete build with new pistons/ lots of porting & polishing with stage 3 cams, stainless valve guides, new studs, valves, quad fuel pumps, ID1000 injectors and a Vortech YSI blower/ new HP rad/ intercooler etc....

She puts down 970 and 950 at the wheels now. Quite useless and quite unusable since I didn't build the drivetrain up and traction control obviously can't keep up, but it's pretty funny to see her break lose and ignite the tires in 4th at only 80 MPH with only a bit of throttle. Can't race her at the strip because if I add slicks, I'll snap the drivetrain like a pretzel. LOL

I love this car - and when we tore her down, it turns out the engine was absolutely perfect at 50K kms. She made a cool 460 RWHP on a few baseline runs and was one of the strongest running bone stock engines I'd seen in the 427's. There were none of the premature valve and valve guide wear issues that have supposedly plagued the 427's, which is why I tore it apart in the 1st place, just as a precautionary measure. The 1000 HP thing was more just because I wanted to say I'd built it - even it is useless power. That car can't really do much with anything over 650 RWHP, unless you build a new drivetrain etc...

I have an FGT running 800 at the wheels that eats my Z for lunch. It has traction. It's getting an intake and a smaller pulley this spring to get her to 900.

Damn! You have quite the impressive stable!! For the most part mine just had basic mods, nothing crazy like your whips!
    It's scarier than it is funny to me to break the tires loose at 80 mph! There is definitely some pucker effect going on when that takes place. :-)

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,281 Global Posts

I also have a 2008 Gen IV Viper Roadster. That is the scariest thing I have ever driven/ owned. 600 HP and I understand why it's called "Viper" The Z and GT are tame compared to the Viper, even with all that power they have. I spun it 3 weeks after I got her back in 2008 and it scared the crap outta me. No matter what anyone says, and the forum tough guys will tell you differently, (they're all jerks anyway), this car is very, very dangerous and wants to bite you every time you drive it - and unless you're Tanner Foust, you don't ever really "get" this car. You can't tame a Viper, unless you remove a few hundred horsepower - LOL

So - breaking the rear loose at 80 in the Z or the FGT is a snap compared to the Viper, because you know what it's going to do and where it's going to go. Viper's will always do what THEY want, not what you expect, unless you have a lot of seat time on the track and you really know the car.

They are made and designed for the track, where they are monsters, not the streets where they are just plain scary to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    I changed my PIN a few hours ago, but for some reason, the new PIN doesn't work. Either I didn't enter it the way I think I did, or something went wrong. Either way, I'm locked out.

I tried through device manager to lock and erase, because I was under the impression that I could change my PIN there, but it doesn't see the phone. Phone has full WiFi and Mobile network connection, but GPS isn't enabled.

I can obviously do a wipe to factory settings at the boot screen, but will that also remove the PIN? I don't want to go through the pain of a full reinstall only to find out that the PIN is still active. I'd rather screw with entering the PIN 500 more times if that's the case.

Also, please don't tell me that I will get a "forgot" PIN screen, because I know that feature doesn't exist for PIN lock, or isn't in 4.3. I have entered the wrong PIN 100 times already.

At the trolls: If you're going to bother or accuse me of stealing this phone, go elsewhere. This is my device and I have thousands of posts in this community, so think before you post spew.
    You stole that phone lol.. just kidding.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    18,976 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Hey, FBA, glad you got back up and running again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    UJ95x likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,281 Global Posts

Well, it was a bit of a pain, but what's cute is that when you sign into Google during the initial setup - the device basically reloads all of your apps instantly. I had a backup of Nova on Google Drive so the screens were rebuilt in a second and the only thing left to do then was recreate the e-mail accounts, which took care of the e-mail / contacts/ notes/ tasks/ calendar etc...just a bunch of account sign in's and the device was rebuilt in a few hours. The only thing that didn't restore was SMS/ MMS, because I didn't want todo the Samdung restore, as useless as it is.

Android is great, but it doesn't hold a candle to the legacy BlackBerry backup and restore,especially if you're on a legacy BES. Nothing beats that. Google has a lot of work to do for a proper native back and restore; there's really nothing there now.

Quote Originally Posted by stackberry369 View Post
    You stole that phone lol.. just kidding.

Posted via Android Central App
    Why yes, I did!!! ROTFLMFAO, but I did mange to keep the trolls away! None of them bothered posting here!