Media server *wakelock*

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
It is being caused by youtube app. Whenever I watch a lot of videos on YouTube media server appears and starts to eat up battery.
Can someone confirm this??

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

FWIW it sounds plausible. I watched a few YouTube videos myself a day or two ago, and I think it was then I noticed a problem with my battery. However, I do expect moderate battery drain in general, given how much streaming I do (and also driving or walking around without remembering to disable GPS when I don't need it. Therefore I didn't actually check the battery status until earlier today, which is when I noticed Mediaserver was the main culprit.

Another possibility was that I used the camcorder a day or two ago as well.

Last edited:

Amir

Nov 17, 2013
plus.google.com
FWIW it sounds plausible. I watched a few YouTube videos myself a day or two ago, and I think it was then I noticed a problem with my battery. However, I do expect moderate battery drain in general, given how much streaming I do (and also driving or walking around without remembering to disable GPS when I don't need it. Therefore I didn't actually check the battery status until earlier today, which is when I noticed Mediaserver was the main culprit.

Another possibility was that I used the camcorder a day or two ago as well.

Any type of media cause media server wakelock.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non