Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By z06mike
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Not a cracked screen... but something else?!!!....

I noticed this two days ago and it is not a crack. the crazy thing is it is growing down my screen!!!! anyone else experienced this? It reminds me of an etch-a-sketch.... its under the glass, but if i look at it from a certain angle i can see a shadow of the line on the digitizer. so its between the glass and the digitizer.....Not a cracked screen... but something else?!!!....-img_1959.jpgNot a cracked screen... but something else?!!!....-img_1960.jpgNot a cracked screen... but something else?!!!....-img_1961.jpgNot a cracked screen... but something else?!!!....-img_1962.jpg

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Not a cracked screen... but something else?!!!....

I might be one of the linings of the glass. Do you have insurance?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

its not a scratch... that's what i thought too but its not on the surface.... its under the glass. and it keeps getting longer..
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

no insurance as they wanted a $200.00 deductible on the note3.

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eallen33 View Post
    I noticed this two days ago and it is not a crack. the crazy thing is it is growing down my screen!!!! anyone else experienced this? It reminds me of an etch-a-sketch.... its under the glass, but if i look at it from a certain angle i can see a shadow of the line on the digitizer. so its between the glass and the digitizer.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1959.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	101691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1960.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	101692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1961.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	101693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1962.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	101694
    Yes someone else has an entire thread with the exact same issue, how long have u had your phone? Anything under 30 days I would be getting a new phone...

Samsung Galaxy - Cracked Screen Defect, not dropped, Note 3 & Note 2, S4 & S3

Posted via Android Central App

Either way, you have a 1 year warranty through your carrier/Samsung. You might get a refurb, but it's better than that.
    Gator352 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    Either way, you have a 1 year warranty through your carrier/Samsung. You might get a refurb, but it's better than that.
    Why a refurb and not a new phone?

Posted via Android Central App

Because if it's after the 14/30 day return period, then they send you a refurbished unit.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for the input everyone. I went to the AT&T store i bought it from and they referred me to the warranty center in an adjacent building. went over there and the service guy looked at it, wiped it off with the cloth, then whipped out a magnifying glass and an LED light. after his review he deemed it to be a warranty issue. he said it looks like glue separation from the inside stating it looked as though it was between the digitizer and the glass. He also mentioned he had seen this before in other phones but this was the first time he had seen it or even heard of it in the Note3. I am backing up me device tonight and he said they will just swap it out with another phone. ill post whether or not it was new or refurbished. Thanks again z06mike for the suggestion!

Glad to be of service!