1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Caller ID on Note 3

Alright, I can't say this a problem, but it is something weird that I have noticed on my Note 3 and I am not sure if its just something like that or not. So, I noticed that when I call someone or I get call, where ever the name/number appears (top of the screen) the whole thing is just dark green and when I answer or they answer, it becomes light green. Now I had a Note 2 before and when I would get a call or make a call it would be black with the name and number showing and then when I answered it would turn light green and I have also checked a friend's Note 3 and it does not start with a dark green. I am just wondering what is this, and if it is supposed to be that way or if my phone is acting weird lol I would have provided screens but I have no idea how to take a screen while calling or during a note (yeah, I feel silly). So if anyone could just let me know what is going on, that would be grand.

Default Re: Caller ID on Note 3

Verizon has an app installed called, "Caller Name ID" that I disabled because it's a subscription based service, there are free ones though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    "aliter ictus diversis folks"

I think I just got a text/notification that I'm now on a 10 day free trial of this. I've left it in my notification screen for now not clicking on it because I don't know for sure it's not spam or going to auto-subscribe me or something. I figured it was a subscription when I saw it. There are actually 2 messages: 1) Caller Name ID and the beginning of the msg is "You are receiving a free 10 day trial" and 2) says 1 Caller Name ID Result select to see all results.

I looked in my Apps Manager and found it and turned it off. Is that all I need to do in order to not wind up subscribed? I have a feeling since it did it's dirty job once it's going to auto-subscribe me after the 10 day trial. Just to make sure it's the same app, it's a bright green and black icon.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

So long as you don't agree, the trial subscription would just run out and you won't be charged anything. This is included on all the Verizon phones that I have bought.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:

Ok, Thank you so much.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.