S Voice input is gone from messaging

Bren Bren1

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The microphone icon next to "Sym" key on my messaging keyboard has disappeared. In its place is a button with the letter T and a pencil next to it. When you hold this button a series of other input options appear but the microphone button is gone. I cannot find any information on this after multiple tries. I have cleared app defaults and checked all the input settings in the settings menu and the screen at the top. Where the is my talk to text feature?

I have screen shots but this forum does not give me the option to include images.

Posted via Android Central App

Bren Bren1

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Standard Samsung one. I got it to come back once but I forgot how. I think it has to be a system glitch because there is literally nowhere in Settings or in the settings option in Messaging to turn it back on and replace the options tray with the microphone.

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting your phone or resetting the settings of the keyboard?

And I assume you're taking about this
vety8yve.jpg

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390522969310.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390522969310.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 40

Bren Bren1

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I never had the microphone in my options tray. I have always had either / or. Either the microphone shows and there are no more options, or all those options show except the microphone.

I have screenshots but I have attempted to include images both from this app and through the site. Don't have a clue how you posted yours!

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I never had the microphone in my options tray. I have always had either / or. Either the microphone shows and there are no more options, or all those options show except the microphone.

I have screenshots but I have attempted to include images both from this app and through the site. Don't have a clue how you posted yours!

Have you tried long pressing the key?

As for the Screenshots, try using the tapatalk app.

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3

Ghosty427

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Galaxy S3 w/ JellyBean P.o.S.:

Did you ever figure this out? Mine is missing too. Most search results say to switch to Google Keyboard instead. But where is the <Voice Input> microphone choice now on the stock keyboard? I'm guessing this giant steaming pile battery-sucking software upgrade recently probably screwed that up too? I love how these upgrades actually BREAK everything, no actual improvements, lol.

Yes I already tried checking all the <Samsung Keyboard Settings>, long-pressing that key, etc. The only choices I have are: "T-pencil" / "Clipboard" / "Settings" / "Keyboard" icons.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have the microphone either. What I did was go into the Language and Input section of the settings and chose the Google voice typing ....

Now I have the mic. But I like having the Smileys 😎 on that button instead, so I turned it off.... seems like when you have that option checked the mic is always on that keyboard button.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mobile Nations mobile app

nzfauna

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Another possibility...

My microphone/voice input button disappeared today after I 'disabled' the 'Google' app on my SG5 - even though I use the 'Samsung Keyboard'.

As soon as I re-enabled the 'Google' app, my microphone button came back like normal.

GolferSA

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

Did you ever figure this out? Mine is missing too. Most search results say to switch to Google Keyboard instead. But where is the <Voice Input> microphone choice now on the stock keyboard? I'm guessing this giant steaming pile battery-sucking software upgrade recently probably screwed that up too? I love how these upgrades actually BREAK everything, no actual improvements, lol.

Yes I already tried checking all the <Samsung Keyboard Settings>, long-pressing that key, etc. The only choices I have are: "T-pencil" / "Clipboard" / "Settings" / "Keyboard" icons.

... you also need to have Google Search enabled under Applications, and a language selected. I inadvertently turned Google Search off using Startup Manager, just spent 3 days tearing the internet up looking for the answer. Then reboot, the microphone should be back to being on of the choices.

GolferSA

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

... you also need to have Google Search enabled under Applications, and a language selected. I inadvertently turned Google Search off using Startup Manager, just spent 3 days tearing the internet up looking for the answer. Then reboot, the microphone should be back to being on of the choices.

Kate Everett

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
YES! Enabling the Google app (NOT g+, just blue square google) added BACK the microphone on my Galaxy Note 4. No need to mess with my keyboard/language/input etc settings....That one thing fixed it! Thank you for the very useful tip!
The microphone instantly reappeared w/o re-starting. Finally!!:D

PoisonDarts8714

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
YES! Enabling the Google app (NOT g+, just blue square google) added BACK the microphone on my Galaxy Note 4. No need to mess with my keyboard/language/input etc settings....That one thing fixed it! Thank you for the very useful tip!
The microphone instantly reappeared w/o re-starting. Finally!!:D

I figured this out on my own. Was disabling bloat ware (yes I consider google search and + to be bloatware) and it disappeared. Reennabled google search and it came back. Beyond annoying.

I might try to find an alternate that doesn't require google.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jessica Pierce

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

It worked! Thank you for helping us figure this out!

Brinatedon

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
That advice really worked. I had the same problem and couldn't for the life of me figure out what I had done to make it disappear. I use that service a lot. especially when I'm pressed for time (also, I'm not a big text person in the first place). It's really handy and if you know what punctuation to put where, it does a great job. Thanks for the information guys. :-*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20