S Voice input is gone from messaging

Charles Smith 52

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Press and hold the icon where the microphone used to be, an option window pops up and you re select the microphone. Happened to me when I last decided to send a Smiley emoticon. -- (S7 sorry old post. )

Last edited:

UncleB B

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
This works for me also , after I spent two days trying to figure this one out also. I had no problems until my phone upgraded to the marshmallow software , which has been a nightmare.

Last edited:

kdmarler

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Mine disappeared with the update and was replaced with a settings icon bit if I hole the settings icon down the microphone appears. Maybe you could try holding the letter T down?

jwischmann1

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem and I had to download from the Playstore the Google Google Keyboard. Even though I thought I had it I downloaded it again. It asked me when it got done downloading if I wanted to put it in my settings and I said Yes. Then I had to turn it to On. When I went out to my text next time I had the voice tab.

Hope this helps. I went crazy trying to figure this out. I am happy now!

DWsurfs

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I updated my Samsung Note 5 last night and have the exact same problem. The voice to text feature is gone. No settings will allow the function to be restored. Seems Android made a programming error in the update that eliminated the voice to text feature. DO NOT UPDATE YOUR ANDROID SAMSUNG PHONE, until this programming error is corrected.

Thatskat

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
My grandaughter got a hold of my phone and started tapping away and the next thing I knew was she completely refigured my keyboard!! I had a bright yellow high contrast screen and my microphone Icon disappeared.

1. Tap your text icon
2 Tap new message
3. Bring up the keyboard like you are going to text.
4. Tap the settings key on the keyboard hold it down and a box will pop up with several symbols one of which is the microphone icon
5. tap the microphone icon and you are all set.

or

Reset Keyboard:
1. Hold down the settings key on the keyboard
2. scroll down to reset settings
3. tap reset keyboard settings

Last edited:

chaplinjh

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Finally figured mine out. Hold the settings toggle (right next to the sym key. A tray will pop up with the mic symbol, touch the mic and it'll switch the key on your keyboard to the microphone, for settings you'll have to do the reverse.

ppuma1

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
press and hold the button next to Sym on the keyboard..it brings up a slate of options...press on the microphone and it will then be the default icon on the keyboard :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21